+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I really hope you get the house but like many have said dont put off TTC for the ideal time and financial situation. We did this, decided it would be too stressful to do both, long story short we require IVF and have wasted most of this year waiting for appts and could have started when we originally wanted to over a year ago. TTC isnt always as quick as we hope (although there are so many that fall first go) and as you said you want to be a young mum.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Wishnhope For This Useful Post:

cmwtc2012  (01-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We put off building our home after we were told to start IVF after a year and half of ttc with no luck. Now pregnant after first go of icsi and am very lucky. I am 31 and didn't want to put that off as you never know if I waited longer whether it would have worked first time. We wanted kids so much that wasn't going to wait and take the chance. There will always be houses to buy. We are selling the block of land and going to buy a home as building takes too long. Don't really care though as we have our little princess on the way

4. The Following User Says Thank You to clucky14 For This Useful Post:

cmwtc2012  (01-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We are starting IVF shortly and have decided not to start building until we have a sticky bub. We never know how much we might end up spending on IVF so we don't want to have a mortgage to pay while we are TTC. We are lucky to be in a position now where we can save a lot of money (no mortgage or rent). We will take on that huge financial commitment when we get lucky

Two girls, one dream and baby you are it!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rainbowbabe For This Useful Post:

clucky14  (02-07-2013),cmwtc2012  (02-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bank is being ultra difficult. I hate the fact that I'm self employed. They make things so difficult. And to top it off I think I will o tonight or tomorrow so relaxing is proving to be ultra difficult and my libido is nil. Sigh.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi I know this is an old post but just wondering what you decided on doing cmwtc? We are in the same position of buying our first home and wanted to (have!) started ttc and wondering if we're doing a stupid thing! Lol I'm just sick of waiting for the right time when I know I'll always say "let's save more" or "let's pay off more". Surely it's not that hard paying off a mortgage on one wage? Many people do it!!! I just never hear people talk about it lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Babymakers, we've got enough for a deposit now and can go through with pre approval for a loan for a cheap house on just hubby's wage. The mortgage brokers we spoke to were happy we told them we were ttc/pregnant that that we only wanted to use hubby's wage on the loan. One told us that a couple hadn't told him they were expecting and it wasn't until after they went to buy a place her last payslip showed maternity leave and it caused big issues. I don't think buying a home and having a baby is a big issue, as long as you're honest about your situation and don't get yourself in to bigger debt than you can pay. Goodluck
    We're due to have baby #1 in June and are hoping to buy a home sometime this year, just depends when something in our price range that we love comes along. We're not fussed if it's before or after bubs arrival.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah that's what I was thinking too! We have our deposit and everything ready but just deciding if we would be best to wait a bit to ttc but I feel like well just keep saying oh maybe next month or next month! Lol I think we need to just go ahead and do it and live to what's happening in our life at the time

Good luck with bubs and Fingers crossed the right house comes along!