+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombie_eyes View Post
    i didnt believe dd was a girl until i saw her teeny tiny vagina haha when she was born i said 'its a girl???' they said yes i said "i dont believe it" they lifted her up over the curtain and then i was like OMG IT IS A GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I wont be buying anything so I guess I shouldnt worry. Im hoping to get a 3d/4d us at about 34-35wks so will confirm then. Thats only 14wks to wait *freak out*. I just dont want to get my hopes up.

Sent from my GT-P7500 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Us tech looked three times and said he was pretty certain its a girl, as he could see the three white lines(not in pic) and that as well as the absence of a penis made him pretty certain. He didnt want to say more than 80% as bub had her legs closed the entire time so if its a boy his junk might be tucked away. I remember my scan with ds1 and it was very obvious he was a boy.

Sent from my GT-P7500 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I really don't want to make you feel bad or anything but a close friend had this happen to her (baby was a little shy) but they were confident it was a girl. She went all out with pink everything. She had her second boy a few months later. She was shocked and not prepared. His nursery stayed pink and this time (she's pregnant again) she is not going to find out. It can happen - I am sure it is rare though.

I would probably say to get another scan - it's not nice to have that shock and can cause bonding issues and PND too. Chances are he was right though so don't stress x

Two girls, one dream and baby you are it!

bunkx is offline Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    That's one of the reason I don't find out what the sex is because it would be my luck that the tech would get it wrong

Thanks
    Reviews
    Girl

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbowbabe View Post
    I really don't want to make you feel bad or anything but a close friend had this happen to her (baby was a little shy) but they were confident it was a girl. She went all out with pink everything. She had her second boy a few months later. She was shocked and not prepared. His nursery stayed pink and this time (she's pregnant again) she is not going to find out. It can happen - I am sure it is rare though.

I would probably say to get another scan - it's not nice to have that shock and can cause bonding issues and PND too. Chances are he was right though so don't stress x

Its happened to two of my friends in the past two mths (different scan place). They were told girl but had boys. ill get another scan later on I think.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think it's safer. It's more rare for them to have it the other way around and say its a boy and then turns out to be a girl. But when they say its a girl it could have just been missed or hard to see. If I eve have them say its a girl I will be getting more scans before believing it after what happened to my friend.

If you are really hoping for a girl that sort of mix up can really cause issues! It's not the mothers fault when they then find it hard to bond with the baby because they thought it was going to be the gender they longed after!

Fingers crossed it was right - it could very well have been right! I can't see what I'm looking at in the scan because I am new to looking at them but its good that everyone also agrees with him!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Having said that if anyone can explain it to me? Like what you can see in the scan? If guessing its bubs tooshie?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah a potty shot is the angle as if baby is sitting on the toilet. You can see the bum the angles of the 2 legs and in my case a very obvious boy protrusion.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I can see two sort of oval shapes on the left hand side. Is that what everyone is looking at? Is that the tooshie? I can't figure it out. Hopefully they explain this stuff when you get scans done! Otherwise I'm going to be confused! I'm good at reading side on scans but not this angle!!!!