Closed Thread
Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by SoThisIsLove View Post
    If im honest....no i dont think its right.
    Why?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I really really hate people who shame little boys who are doing/wearing something 'girly'. I think it's so childish and pathetic.

My DS is free to like whatever he wants, I will not stand in his way. He's free to be his own person. Of course, he's already picking up some of society's funny ideas but I hope he can be a rebel like his mum.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Benji For This Useful Post:

Elijahs Mum  (20-06-2013),giggle berry  (20-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Bec~ View Post
    Why?

My opinion.... for lots of reasons but i dont want to offend those that dont have a problem with it so ill leave it at that

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SoThisIsLove View Post
    If im honest....no i dont think its right.

At home playing dress ups with his sister (I dont have a son atm) wouldnt be a big deal really.

But as everyday clothes to leave the house in, No.
    I have to agree I'm afraid. Call me what you will but I have my reasons and would rather not share so not to offend like so this is love.

I've never seen a boy dressed girly out in public but if I did, I certainly wouldn't judge it. It's just not for me is all.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to FirstTimeMummy2012 For This Useful Post:

Blossompossumxxxx  (20-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by FirstTimeMummy2012 View Post
    I have to agree I'm afraid. Call me what you will but I have my reasons and would rather not share so not to offend like so this is love.
    Goodness, I'd hate to think what the reasons are that are so offensive that you can't even mention them. Now I'm imagining all sorts of horrible reasons.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Meg2 For This Useful Post:

Boobycino  (20-06-2013),mama and her little bearxxx  (20-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Meg2 View Post
    Goodness, I'd hate to think what the reasons are that are so offensive that you can't even mention them. Now I'm imagining all sorts of horrible reasons.
    No no it's nothing horrible at all. I just don't want to offend those who are ok with their boys dressing as girls. Like I said, no judgement for those that do it its just not for me. That's all.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to FirstTimeMummy2012 For This Useful Post:

SoThisIsLove  (20-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My DS would often dress up in fairy dresses etc when he was little. He once insisted on wearing a skirt out with Daddy on a trip to Bunnings when he was about 2.5. Daddy was not so thrilled - but sucked it up.
    He appeared at my daughters fairy party in a pink fairy dress (you should have seen the look on my Dads face ) but got changed about five minutes later cause dresses "are too much trouble".

I never said no and I never made a fuss - its all about role playing and exploring. Now at seven you'll probably find him dressed in his ninja suit zapping you with a nerf gun.

Thanks
    Reviews
    let him play and have fun...boys should be able to have fun with fun feeling material just as much as girls.

My DS loved dressing up with his cousin in her fairy and princess outfits and my DD loves dressing up as a builder and playing with dinosaurs.

I think it will more cause issues if you make a big deal and don't let them...it's jjust clothing and playtime.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I just can't think of a good, valid, logical reason to not let my son dress in his sisters clothes...?

What other reasons could there be other than those irrational, nonsensical reasons such as:

It will turn him gay
    It's too feminine
    He'll get teased/made fun of
    Others will judge me/my parenting/my son
    His dad wouldn't approve
    They're for girls, not boys
    It looks wrong/stupid

I could go on. But other that those types of responses, I can't think of a single, good reason not to go along with his dressups. And if you're worried you'd offend others with your reasons, well, I'm just more curious of the values your children are picking up on if they couldn't possibly be allowed to express themselves, whilst having fun in a dress.

*I can haz typos*

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Lillynix For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (20-06-2013),Busy-Bee  (20-06-2013),Lauzy83  (20-06-2013),Mathermy  (20-06-2013),MilkingMaid  (22-06-2013),soon2bmumzy  (22-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by River Song View Post
    I think it will more cause issues if you make a big deal and don't let them...it's jjust clothing and playtime.
    Just curious but do you have evidence of this? I'm genuinely curious ...

To clarify I wouldn't have a problem with my son (if I had one) wanting to play and dress up at home but going out in a fairy outfit ... no, I wouldn't be ok with that with my own child.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to FirstTimeMummy2012 For This Useful Post:

SoThisIsLove  (20-06-2013)