Closed Thread
Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Blossompossum View Post
    Football was
    Last week an there was a girl in the team they were playing. Our team was shocked and no one wanted to tackle her.
    When ds came off the field he asked why there was a girl playing as he said "it's a boys game"

Another example of how society effects our children.
    Actually, this is an example of how parents don't counteract societies expectations and how parents are not trying to change culture.

Neither of my kids would be allowed to make that comment except that it would bring about a conversation as to their misconceptions about sport/boys/girls.

My son used to do jazz, tap and ballet until he decided to play golf, trumpet and clarinet.

He has NEVER been made to feel anything export proud for his efforts.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WorkingClassMum For This Useful Post:

beebs  (23-06-2013),mama and her little bearxxx  (23-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Good on him that's awesome what's tht got to do with a boy wearing a dress?
    Its a boy doing a lame girly thing...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Would you consider it acceptable attire if worn in Australia? Sulus are frequently worn in our house and among our friends. I know of a lot of Fijian men who wear them as everyday attire here. And the more formal sulu looks basically like a 'womans' skirt.

Sent from my HTC One X using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wel if that's how you feel, still has nothing to do with wearing a dress
    Obviously it's late - it was in response to the soccer comment which is why I quoted THAT post.

I thought you'd understand the thread moving along like a conversation and the topic changing slightly?

*IF* you want to stick to the dress comment - I wouldn't bat an eye if my son wanted to wear a dress anymore than my DD wearing pants.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to WorkingClassMum For This Useful Post:

beebs  (23-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yes my son had never seen a girl play football before and seeing 1 girl play in the whole 2'years he has been playing
    The whole team were surprised as they didn't know girls can also play football.

Well I'm off to bed so I can get upto my sexist 6 year old son.

I love it on bub hub when you have a different opinion or you do something different how everyone jumps down your throat about it.

Saying the way a 6 year old boy thinks is sexist is pretty low tbh. Dissapointjnh
    I find it disappointing that a whole football team were unaware that a girl could play football. Girls have all the required equipment, last time I checked.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

beebs  (23-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes I would say football is a predominantly male game untill the age of 12 where there are touch football for females

By football I am referring to rugby league
    *Whew* thank goodness it was only rugby league you are talking about, cause we all know the ONLY real football is AFL.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WorkingClassMum For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (23-06-2013),giggle berry  (24-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I have a friend that would tell you the only REAL football is soccer
    Quote Originally Posted by WorkingClassMum View Post
    *Whew* thank goodness it was only rugby league you are talking about, cause we all know the ONLY real football is AFL.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

beebs  (23-06-2013),snowqu33n  (23-06-2013),WorkingClassMum  (23-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Cutting in on the transgender argument... I got to page 12 & couldn't read anymore. Did any of you watch the story recently on either today tonight or a current affair (can't remember) ... About the boy who was transgender. I think if you watched the story you would feel differently about the situation BP...

While it may not be 'normal' to you, it's normal & real for other families to deal with this... And if you saw the mother crying talking about how she just wanted her son to be comfortable & respected in his own skin (as a little girl) ... Then hopefully you would open your close minded views.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cassieh For This Useful Post:

beebs  (23-06-2013),NewMrs  (23-06-2013)

Mod-pegasus is offline ADMINISTRATOR
    and all that the Lorax left here in this mess was a small pile of rocks with the one word...UNLESS
    Thanks
    Reviews
    This thread seems to have run it's course, thanks to all who have contributed positively.