Closed Thread
Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Dressing boys as girl's

So just wondering

Do you think its wrong to let your son wear girls clothes?
    What do you think of other people that would allow it.

I ask as my mum has digs at me buying pink/purple girl clothes for my son. I bought him a fairy outfit and flower headbands...
    But my son LOVES that type of stuff.

Do you think me buying it is wrong?
    Do you think it will some how cause him gender issues??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Most kids like to play dress ups so i dont see it as an issue. I used to dress my little brother up in girls clothes all the time (only boy of 5kids) didnt hurt him at all.

Sent from my HTC Desire using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    If DS wanted to wear girl's clothes l would let him. DP on the other hand probably force DS to wear boy's clothes.

When DS went to daycare l would see little boys playing dress up in pink princess dresses and l thought they were so cute.

I don't think that allowing boys to wear girls' clothing will create gender issues. I think kids who have gender issues were probably born with it, and forcing them to conform to what society expects doesn't make the issue go away

Sent from my GT-I9000 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Last edited by Night Owl; 20-06-2013 at 00:43.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Are you talking about everyday clothing or dress up stuff?

αληθη is offline BH name read as Aleethee
    Winner 2012 - One most likely to be hacked by Nomsie
    Thanks
    Reviews
    If I had a boy that wanted to wear girl clothes/colours/dress up then yes he can.
    If my daughter wants to wear boy clothes then yes, she can.

I won't force them to wear what they don't want (unless they don't want to wear clothes at all lol)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    500 Posts in a week
    400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekFunniest Caption
    If I'm being completely honest then I wouldn't let him go to the shops in a dress but I would let him wear one at home.

I have let him dress up in heels and necklaces with a handbag before and I tell people to leave him be if they say anything (DF didn't like the heels).

Also I have no problems with him wearing "girl" colours.

I think our area is a bit behind on it sadly. I took him to buy his friend a bday present and he wanted to buy her a dress. The amount of people that looked at us strangely because we were checking out the dresses was a bit sad. I was letting him choose and pay for it so they probably thought it was for him.

Sent from my telecommunications device.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by missymoo9 View Post
    So just wondering

Do you think its wrong to let your son wear girls clothes?
    What do you think of other people that would allow it.

I ask as my mum has digs at me buying pink/purple girl clothes for my son. I bought him a fairy outfit and flower headbands...
    But my son LOVES that type of stuff.

Do you think me buying it is wrong?
    Do you think it will some how cause him gender issues??
    Inside the home and others as "dress-ups" and if it's his choice I don't see a problem with it. I personally wouldn't allow my son to wear girls clothes out and about though as I really think he'd be bullied. I'd explain to him that he could wear them all he likes at home and when he's an adult and knows more about the world then he can do whatever he likes.

I couldn't care less if my son liked girl clothes and I'd happily buy them for him to wear around the house and when he's older out of the house if that's what he chooses. Children shouldn't bully people because of things like that but in reality they do and my opinion is that we should try and lessen the risk of them being bullied as a child.

I think as dress ups it's cute. The only thing I hate seeing is when it's the parents choice. A friend of mine said to me the other day that she once had a child in her class called Peta that used to have long hair tied up with baubles which was beautiful. In term 2 she found out that Peta was actually Peter (she'd misspelled it in the roll) and it was actually a boy. She told the mum about it who laughed and said "we like dressing him up like that and making it confusing to tell his gender". I have a problem with that instance as it's obviously the mother's choice not the sons.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Renesme For This Useful Post:

onedayatatime  (20-06-2013)

Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    I have no issues with my children wearing 'opposite' clothing and I would happily take them out like that.

If my DS wanted to wear pink frills at home then he can have pink frills and woe betide ANYONE who makes any snarky comments. Apart from anything else home for my children is their soft place to fall, the place they can be whom ever they chose to be without the pressure of social expectations. Home for my children is their complete comfort zone where they are free from persistent peer pressure and any social pressures. If children can't be free to explore different roles, likes or dislikes at home then where are they supposed to do these things?

10. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Busy-Bee For This Useful Post:

angelini  (20-06-2013),Atropos  (20-06-2013),Benji  (20-06-2013),Curby  (20-06-2013),gizmoduckus  (21-06-2013),NewMrs  (23-06-2013),risfaerie  (20-06-2013),River Song  (20-06-2013),snowqu33n  (21-06-2013),Tazzy  (20-06-2013),Turk EnJayDee  (22-06-2013),~Marigold~  (20-06-2013)

Theophania is offline 'see what had happened was..there were these three ninjas and a blue monkey and well it really wasn't my fault..'
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I would have absolutely no problems with my DS choosing to wear girls clothes. I also would not confine this to the house because what if he grows up to feel that he wants to dress like a girl but then feels like he needs to hide that from the outside world? At a young age I really think it is just innocent and find it ridiculous to be shamed by it Besides who says only girls/women can wear dresses??? Depending on what culture you are from, in some places it is perfectly ok for men to wear skirts

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't have any sons, but I love reading Woogsworld's posts about her son. He looks like such a great kid and doesn't seem to worry about people's reactions.

http://www.woogsworld.com/2012/06/union-jack.html
    http://www.woogsworld.com/2012/03/sp...sco-party.html
    http://www.woogsworld.com/2012/04/do...ant-bigot.html

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast