+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Can you give rolled oats to 6 month old

For breakfast? And weetbix?
    Whole egg or just the yolk?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Oats are great for babies , they still contain a little gluten but are meant to be easier to digest than wheat and have a lot more nutrients than rice , try find steel cut oats , they have tons more vitamins etc than the packet instant oats also try quinoa - I used to make DS quinoa porridge

Wheat bix are also fine - I just recommend alternating foods so your not giving the same thing every day , you don't want to overload bubba on wheat/gluten and check the salt content in wheat bix, I think there is a kids one that is low in salt

Eggs are also fine - yolk and white - just make sure the white is cooked

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Elijahs Mum For This Useful Post:

mumsrulz  (20-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    So sorry to hijack. But where can I buy steel cut oats? I want to make oat milk and have a recipe which needs steel cut oats
    Or even oat groats in the thermomix!
    Sorry!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I used to get mine from Aboutlife in Sydney - not sure where you are but most organic shops should have them

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I did I milled mine in the baby bullet and then cooked a huge batch with bananas, formula and a small touch of maple syrup. After it was cooked I blended it to make it smooth (my DD likes it really smooth, unblended and slightly chunky would be fine if your Bub likes it that way ).

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Fobs I have some steel cut oats and want to make oat milk - can you pm me your recipe?