+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Brilliant. Thank you so much for that info. Will check out that online store as well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I get it VERY cheap. I'm pretty sure it doesn't affect the natural production. I don't know if there is a 'Melatonin Protocol' but it has powerful antioxidant properties which makes it perfect. I can't imagine that women have to take it for long but a guy would have to take it for the full sperm life cycle.
    Last edited by Ngaiz; 22-06-2013 at 18:28.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah protocol wasn't the right word. I guess I was just after the instructions ppl have been given. One last question: does that Wazza recommend taking it while stimming?
    Our issue is fertilisation. First cycle with ivf we had 1 of 7 fertilise. FS is not sure if its egg or sperm issue. So melatonin for both of us might just do the trick. Three months seems a reasonable length of time to try it. Will order it soon!

Thanks
    Reviews
    My FS (who works alongside Waaza at qfg) doesn't know what supplements I take but I will take it during stims. The anti oxidants have been found in the follicle fluid that protects the egg, thus improving quality.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Ngaiz For This Useful Post:

Bipsterboo  (22-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bipsterboo View Post
    Yeah protocol wasn't the right word. I guess I was just after the instructions ppl have been given. One last question: does that Wazza recommend taking it while stimming?
    Our issue is fertilisation. First cycle with ivf we had 1 of 7 fertilise. FS is not sure if its egg or sperm issue. So melatonin for both of us might just do the trick. Three months seems a reasonable length of time to try it. Will order it soon!
    I think it's always a good idea to be on any supplements for as long as possible before epu so if you are waiting out the 3 months for your dh then you might as well do the same.

But definitely look into getting it from a reputable health food store in the USA. I have done about 3 orders with them and had no trouble getting my meds through customs but my last order was checked by customs and the courier company passes on custom's checking fee. So that sucked a little bit cos it added on about $30 to my order! but you will not be able to get the full strength version in Australia for prices remotely comparable to the USA. I was paying $100 for 100 tabs from station road compounding pharmacy Indooroopilly. That would have done both of us just over a month.

Thanks
    Reviews
    To answer your question about protocol: we took 1 x 5mg tablet at night about a 1/2 hour before bed. Please be aware the general purpose for melatonin is to aid sleep, so for me, it totally knocked me out not long after I had it. So no driving or anything like that after you have taken it and obviously if you forget it at night you can't take it in the morning

For anyone considering it that already has a young child, I was concerned it would knock me out so well that I wouldn't hear dd if she woke in the middle of the night. But good news is I was still able to hear her and tend to her when she woke.

Thanks
    Reviews
    How much do you pay for what qty Nicole?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ngaiz - I purchased 2 bottles of this one so we had one each to last 3 months plus extra for during the stim phase.

http://www.vitasprings.com/melatonin...t-century.html

So approx. $8 + postage for a 120 tab bottle. I found many of the supps much cheaper here then in my local discount chemist. So I did one big order and made sure I had plenty of everything cos it was cheaper to to a bulk order than go back for 1 or 2 bottles of things.

I should also mention we did maca powder and found it much cheaper on here too. We put it in a smoothie each morning along with the aloe juice, gojis, a banana etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow!! I get mine at near to cost at $22 for 60 and I thought that was good!

I'm going to check out that site now!

Thanks
    Reviews
    So helpful. Thanks guys. I was concerned about it knocking me out and not being able to hear DS so that is a relief. I might start with 3mg though and see how I go with that. Will def buy from US. That is super cheap.