+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    meh, I wouldn't bother with this lady. the kids can play at school. As for the bus, yes her dd has aspergers and wants the seat, but what happens everywhere else? does everybody shift/move do everything her way everywhere? what happens in a restaurant? does a whole family have to move cos her dd has to sit at that particular table. ? I hope I don't offend anyone with those questions, im just genuinely curious.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to GlitterFarts For This Useful Post:

DesperatelySeekingSleep  (19-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Minchi View Post
    meh, I wouldn't bother with this lady. the kids can play at school. As for the bus, yes her dd has aspergers and wants the seat, but what happens everywhere else? does everybody shift/move do everything her way everywhere? what happens in a restaurant? does a whole family have to move cos her dd has to sit at that particular table. ? I hope I don't offend anyone with those questions, im just genuinely curious.
    To answer your questions

what happens everywhere else?
    No idea, I avoid her(the mother) like the plague.

does everybody shift/move do everything her way everywhere?
    No idea. They avoid her(the mother) like the plague too

what happens in a restaurant?
    Hah! The mother would never treat her kids to that sort of thing. she is a single mother and plays the "poor card". But she gets regular child maintenance and Centrelink benefits and lives in very cheap housing. But she will happily buy herself pizza, cool drinks, cigarettes alcohol etc but make her kids eat 1 serving of fried chips OR nuggets OR whatever she could get for under $5.

Not dissing single mums or poor families or anything at all.

does a whole family have to move cos her dd has to sit at that particular table. ? Probably voluntarily to get away from said mum.

this mother has a bad track record.

Sent from my magical black talky thingy using bubhub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by DesperatelySeekingSleep View Post
    And then after all this she asks for her dd2 to have a play date but understands if we can't do it this week cos my "dd1 is one of those rich cool kids who does after school activities like swimming lessons and stuff".

Wtf

Sorry, but we are busy this week, this weekend, next week, school holidays etc....

And yes we do participate in after school activities but we are far from rich. 80 % of the kids at our school do as well.

how flipping rude!

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by dancingchipmunk View Post
    how flipping rude!

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app
    yeah.. I have so many more equally charming stories about her but I would get RSI if I recounted them.

Which is also why I was after an objective opinion on my original post.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    So I spoke to dd1. She confirmed the mum spoke to her and asked her to move to another seat because her dd is like another kid she knows and throws tantrums if she didn't get her way. Dd1 was a bit disappointed in being asked to move because in her words "she has been catching the bus for almost 3 years and she gets on first so the other girl should just deal with it.".

And on reflection I remembered dd1 had told me that a boy on the bus kept pulling her hair and I had told her to sit up front near the driver a while ago.

On further questioning, dd1 said this girl likes to sit up the front pretty much all the time but doesn't always and when dd1 sits somewhere else this girl will quite often take dd1 bag and move it to sit where ever my dd1 is sitting when she goes to get her bag, especially if my dd1 is sitting with her (this girl) sister who is in dd1 class. Not all the time but often enough for dd1 to say it is kind of like bully behaviour. Dd1 doesn't really have a problem moving seats if this girl stayed in her special seat. But she doesn't always.

So would it be ok to tell this mother that I don't care where her dd1 sits, if my dd1 is there first then too bad because her dd1 is causing my dd1 just as much stress? The only difference is mine internalises it and withdraws from her friends whereas hers might spend 5 minutes crying and be over it. dd1 did say that the girl is always over it before the bus gets to school. Its a 15 minute bus ride.

After talking to dd1 about this she seemed so much happier.

αληθη is offline BH name read as Aleethee
    Winner 2012 - One most likely to be hacked by Nomsie
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow that's a bit um... Just wow. She sounds like A bit of a horrible woman.

Sent from my talky stick

8. The Following User Says Thank You to αληθη For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by αληθη View Post
    Wow that's a bit um... Just wow. She sounds like A bit of a horrible woman.

Sent from my talky stick
    She is. do you think it is ok to tell her that i don't really care if her daughter has aspergers or not, her daughter needs to suck it up and to stop causing mine to be so stressed she doesn't want to catch the bus because of it? Quite possibly those words too? Depending on how I feel.

αληθη is offline BH name read as Aleethee
    Winner 2012 - One most likely to be hacked by Nomsie
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Um if she kept hounding about it I'd probably snap and say that, but I think a little different wording might go down better

Sent from my talky stick

11. The Following User Says Thank You to αληθη For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have a son with autism and I get that children on the spectrum like routine and predictability . I try however with my son to create choice and teach about sharing and allowing and giving up gracefully with some things. My son can be so attached to certain things but he needs to learn to be flexible for his sake too. The mum should of approached you because for all she knows your child could also be on the spectrum and like that seat. It does make life easier to have routines and the child calmer but I think if possible she needs to arrange a your turn my turn thing with your daughter so they both get to sit in that seat. Probably easier said than done . She didn't go about it the right way but probably didn't mean to be rude . She probably really worries about her kid loosing it. Still , not the best way to handle it.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to babynomad For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    I know. I just can't promise I won't say it. Normally I wouldn't dare say anything like that but this person has really got under my skin. And I really don't care if I never speak to her again.

I don't want to make light of aspergers and I do take it seriously. but I also need to take my dd's needs seriously as well.

What's worse is her youngest and my oldest are friends.

Just not outside of school hours and that is my doing.