Our journey started quite a few years ago (7 years ago), and although we have come close something always goes wrong, but we have hope.
I got married when I was 38, and was doomed by that simple fact, as I was one of these women that would go through early menopause. Soon after marrying we go pregnant, but miscarried, and wrongly assumed that the next time we would try all would be fine. Unfortunately that was not the case, and then was told by the doctors that having our own child would not be possible. Denial kicked in and we started our journey of looking at alternative medicine to make our dreams come true of having our own family. That obviously did not work and was quite heartbroken by it. Fortunately I have a very supportive husband who continued to motivate and love me, so we advertised.

We have had the opportunity to meet three beautiful women. The first two had a few personal issues that in the end being a donor was not right for them. My most recent contact has been with this great and most generous family in the world and think of them highly, unfortunately she is CMV positive and I am CMV negative which then puts a lot of risk on the unborn child, and the doctors have recommend that we search for another donor. I’m very devastated as I am currently 49 years of age, but I am not going to succumb to negativity. I am the eternal optimist and know there many generous people out there. I hope that if you are reading this you are that person.

You will need to understand that ideally you have finished your family, be under the age of 35 years. Both your partner and you will need to attend 2 counselling sessions, be prepared to undertake blood tests. If all that goes well, the next stage is for the donor to inject herself with a hormone injection for 15 days, prior to egg transfer. The doctors and nurses will be able to provide you with all the medical details. We will be paying for all medical expenses associated with the donation, so there is no out pocket expenses. If would like the opportunity to help us make a family we would welcome hearing from you. You can e-mail us at realaspirations@gmail.com
Thank you for the opportunity to share our lives.