+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Help with a 7 seater car please

dp is leaning towards a captiva and i've heard it called a craptiva so many times it's not funny, i need some more ideas on what to look at hopefully under $35000, we'll sell my car and dp is getting a work car so sell his too, so don't want to spend to much more then that, else we'll have to borrow borrow borrow. Don't want anything too ugly although i don't think any of the 7 seaters are overly pretty anyway and i need to be able to fit 3 car seats. thanks to anyone that can help

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I recently asked the same thing here.... http://www.bubhub.com.au/community/f...-it&highlight=

We ended up getting a Ford Territory 7 seater...heaps of space,a lot more than the Captiva,I think...I only have 2 in car seats but needed the room for my 8 year old who sits between them...she has plenty of room sitting between them,with room to spare so I'd say 3 seats would fit across fine.. The extra 2 seats will come in handy for friends etc,and when laid flat,it makes the cargo area huge.
    You can check on the NRMA website about fitting car seats across certain cars,that might help too.
    Last edited by Rockett; 20-06-2013 at 00:21.

MilkingMaid is offline Winner 2009 - Mod Award - most supportive member
    Question those who don't question authority
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I Love my Toyota Ipsum 7 seater, nothing fancy about it, but does the trick

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have a Toyota Prado, love it! There's heaps of room for car seats across the back & a huge boot!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Toyota Kluger, Hyundai Imax, Ford Territory, Holden Captiva, guess there are pros and cons with each of them. Ford is wide, the Imax is long meaning more leg room, Toyota is quite a bit more reliable mechanically but not as much space on the inside, haven't heard much about the Captiva except SIL has one, but it's only a couple of months old and she has no kids, and it's a 5 seater. She likes it, but it's a bit too new to know if it will continue to be great.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks very much for the replies, i'll be sure to check them all out dp now likes the mazda, i swear he changes his mind as often as he changes his jocks

babalooba is offline Being a brother is better than being a superhero
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a ford territory too and don't find it wide at all ?? I love it and the only downsides are that mine is a petrol so It uses a lot of fuel and the third row's seats don't split. Other than that its a great car.