+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

5:2

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BubblesK View Post
    I wanted to ask why everyone is not interested in doing the 5:2 while bf'ing.
    I just started this week (today was my first fast day) but I'm bf'ing my 7 month old.
    I don't want to ruin my milk supply but I thought with plenty of water on board and (obviously) lots of fat reserve it should be fine to do while bf'ing.
    Has anyone any thoughts?
    I did some research and any actual studies I could find suggested short term fasting didn't negatively impact on quality nor quantity. Most of the research was women fasting for Ramadan (spelling?). Headoverfeet has successfully done 5:2 while breastfeeding.

I didn't specifically wait, it was more that a good time to start coincided with when I stopped BFing - all after I had finished an interstate move and settled into our new house.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stretched View Post
    I did some research and any actual studies I could find suggested short term fasting didn't negatively impact on quality nor quantity. Most of the research was women fasting for Ramadan (spelling?). Headoverfeet has successfully done 5:2 while breastfeeding.

I didn't specifically wait, it was more that a good time to start coincided with when I stopped BFing - all after I had finished an interstate move and settled into our new house.
    I just read on another mummy website that some studies done on women fasting for Ramadan and for Jewish religious festivals, although the milk supply was not altered the make up of the milk was.
    If DD took more solids I wouldn't be so worried but she isn't mad keen on them and still relies heavily on BM for sustenance.
    I'm torn.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BubblesK View Post
    I wanted to ask why everyone is not interested in doing the 5:2 while bf'ing.
    I just started this week (today was my first fast day) but I'm bf'ing my 7 month old.
    I don't want to ruin my milk supply but I thought with plenty of water on board and (obviously) lots of fat reserve it should be fine to do while bf'ing.
    Has anyone any thoughts?
    I'm doing 5:2 and still bf'ing and it hasn't had any affect on my supply, although DS2 is 13 months. I'm not sure I would have tried it when he was under 1 for fear of supply being affected and him being so reliant on bm (he was BLW and his intake of solids was pretty minimal at the start too).
    Last edited by decemberbubba; 04-06-2014 at 06:52.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would be cautious while BF whilst under 1. Supply can be affected. I started this when DS weaned himself and he was largely then bottle fed with me expressing fo top ups. My milk all but dried up to about 100ml.