+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

5:2

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    Do you eat eggs?

Some days I will have 2 medium eggs soft boiled, with 4 asparagus spears to dip - 152 cal

1 medium carrot cut into matchsticks and 20 g skinny hummus - 71 cal

Then make up the difference for dinner.
    Soups seem to be the most satiating. Surely you could have an Asian broth with tofu, or could have a veg minestrone soup with beans or similar.
    No, I don't eat eggs. I figured most people would probably opt or something high protein like eggs or meat though, hence my curiosity as to what other vegan/vegetarian's eat on their low cal days.

Do you normally divide the fast days up or do them both in a row?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have the fast diet recipe book and there is a quite a good veg section. It has things like
    - Dahl,
    - Field Mushrooms with mozzarella, pecorino and spinach,
    - Red lentil tikka masala with rye barley roti,
    - Hot Thai Stir-fry
    - Pan-roasted veg with spiced balsamic glaze
    - Hot, sweet and sour tofu
    - Shorbat Rumman (Iraqi pomegranate stew)

Also a lot of the breakfasts and soups are veg (carrot and ginger soup, red velvet soup, beetroot and brambly soup with horseradish).

Let me know if you'd like me to post any of the recipes.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to sky1 For This Useful Post:

HarvestMoon  (17-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by HarvestMoon View Post
    No, I don't eat eggs. I figured most people would probably opt or something high protein like eggs or meat though, hence my curiosity as to what other vegan/vegetarian's eat on their low cal days.

Do you normally divide the fast days up or do them both in a row?
    You don't fast 2 days in a row. That's important or you can mess up ur metabolism. Dh and I have been doing it for 5 months. For health reasons not weight loss. You def see ur weight go down so now we are happy with our weight we don't stick to the 500 cal, we have a moderate breakfast then soup or a filling salad for dinner eg roast beet salad with walnuts or something like that. We mostly eat vego on fast days. It's hard to get ur head around it at first but you get used to it and learn to enjoy, not dread, ur fast days. I'd recommend reading the book cos it explain it all in there.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to dollypops For This Useful Post:

HarvestMoon  (17-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Now down 14kg.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Blackdomino1 For This Useful Post:

moongazer  (22-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Subbing
    I am maid of honour at a wedding in 6 weeks and have been chocolate crazy since Easter so need to stop that and drop a couple of kgs. I did a fast day today and found it surprisingly easy as I was out and about all day so didn't think about food, even after a workout, then had a good veggie and tuna dinner. Water and tea for the rest of the night

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Also did my first fast day today. Didn't find it as easy though and while I haven't entered it all in I expect my total would be more like 700 calories for the day. I'm hoping I can get to sleep with my tummy grumbling so much! I found the thought that it's just one day has helped me a lot though.

I'm already losing weight without doing anything since I stopped breastfeeding so just hoping this speeds things up a little.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stretched View Post
    Also did my first fast day today. Didn't find it as easy though and while I haven't entered it all in I expect my total would be more like 700 calories for the day. I'm hoping I can get to sleep with my tummy grumbling so much! I found the thought that it's just one day has helped me a lot though.

I'm already losing weight without doing anything since I stopped breastfeeding so just hoping this speeds things up a little.

I found my first couple of fast days a bit tough (I'm a grazer, so it was tough not really eating until dinner time) and went over by probably 100-200 cal, but still lost weight. I'm now on my third week and finding it easier to stick to the 500cal.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by decemberbubba View Post
    I found my first couple of fast days a bit tough (I'm a grazer, so it was tough not really eating until dinner time) and went over by probably 100-200 cal, but still lost weight. I'm now on my third week and finding it easier to stick to the 500cal.
    That's good to hear!

I needn't of worried about if I could get to sleep - DS decided to have a night from hell so by 2am when he finally settled again the last thing I was thinking about was hunger! Amazingly though this morning I'm not in a screaming rush to have breakfast.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am finding that! The day after a fast I am in no rush to eat breakfast.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wanted to ask why everyone is not interested in doing the 5:2 while bf'ing.
    I just started this week (today was my first fast day) but I'm bf'ing my 7 month old.
    I don't want to ruin my milk supply but I thought with plenty of water on board and (obviously) lots of fat reserve it should be fine to do while bf'ing.
    Has anyone any thoughts?