+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

5:2

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm still doing it as well.
    I've lost a couple of kilos, and have done it for three weeks. Realistically though, I did it one week, then had gastro and stopped for the week while I felt weak, then I'm back on track this week.

Today was the first fast day I found tough, but I suspect that is because I am feeling a bit flat due to an extended forced awake period last night due to the youngest cracking the shiz at 3am.

I'm finding soup is the way to go. It is filling and low cal

Ana Gram is offline 2008 WINNER - straight shooter award
    Winner 2008 & 2009 - Community Minded thread
    Winner 2009 - Mod Award - most passionate member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I've been doing it for a year. So long term is definitely doable

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Ana Gram For This Useful Post:

moongazer  (17-05-2014)

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ana Gram View Post
    Do you still see a weight loss every week after a year? Or do you just do it on and off?

Sent from my GT-S7500T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    As a fellow vego, what do you typically eat on the 500 cal days? I'm really keen to try this as I haven't been able to shift excess pregnancy weight since having my DS2.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I haven't had huge weight loss. But I was at a point were I was putting on about 400 gms a months every month despite eating well and exercising. This has stopped my constant weight gain and I have lost about 5 kilos. I do it more for health really. My blood work is great and my doc says I am in great health. The only break I have had was over Xmas, otherwise twice a week for a year.

I try to eat tofu on my fast days, I just have a coffee in the morning and then tofu for dinner. But I am really time poor, if I had time it would be soups, salads, vegies etc.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Ana Gram For This Useful Post:

HarvestMoon  (16-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I lost 10kg over 3 months then stopped. I think the weight is creeping back on and should start again but dh is back on shift work and I'm finding it hard to fast while he's home

Thanks
    Reviews
    I haven't had huge weight loss. But I was at a point were I was putting on about 400 gms a months every month despite eating well and exercising. This has stopped my constant weight gain and I have lost about 5 kilos. I do it more for health really. My blood work is great and my doc says I am in great health. The only break I have had was over Xmas, otherwise twice a week for a year.

I try to eat tofu on my fast days, I just have a coffee in the morning and then tofu for dinner. But I am really time poor, if I had time it would be soups, salads, vegies etc.
    What sort of tofu? How do you prepare it?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just store bought marinated tofu, the vegie stuff is in the cold section near cheese. I just whack it in the fry pan for a few minutes.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Ana Gram For This Useful Post:

duckduckgoose  (16-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HarvestMoon View Post
    As a fellow vego, what do you typically eat on the 500 cal days? I'm really keen to try this as I haven't been able to shift excess pregnancy weight since having my DS2.

Do you eat eggs?

Some days I will have 2 medium eggs soft boiled, with 4 asparagus spears to dip - 152 cal

1 medium carrot cut into matchsticks and 20 g skinny hummus - 71 cal

Then make up the difference for dinner.
    Soups seem to be the most satiating. Surely you could have an Asian broth with tofu, or could have a veg minestrone soup with beans or similar.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I've been doing 5:2 for a couple of months now and loving it. I've lost 15kg since the end of Feb. As well as the 5:2 WOE I'm also doing a crapload of walking.

Because I've got so much weight to lose (bout 35kg more) I'm not eating the full recommended amount of calories on my feast days - I'm limiting it to about 1500 to try and speed my weight loss up.

Fast days are surprisingly easy, once you get over the fear haha. A lot of people avoid refined carbs (bread/pasta) on fast days as they'll make you hungrier, plus you don't get much bang for your buck calorie-wise. I hold out as long as I can, and then have a cup of tea around mid-morning. I have maybe an egg and some salad/veg for lunch and then save the rest of my cals for a decent dinner. I usually have what the family are having, just a reduced portion with heaps of veg. If I'm having a 'grazy' type day I'll make up a huge batch of vege soup, making the whole batch 500cals so I can sip a cup here and here when I feel hungry, and know I can eat the whole lot without going over the limit. Plus drink lots of water and you can drink black coffee if you like, I sip a few 0 cal herbal teas through the day.

I'm trying to turn my whole eating style into low carb high fat, ala Christine Cronau. I think I need to buy her books though I struggle for ideas and then just end up eating heaps of bread lol.