+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

5:2

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Well, I weighed in at 57.6kgs on tues and today I'm 55.8kg.
    Granted it won't stay that way, but it's alarming how much junk I must Harbor in my gut!

Sent from my GT-I9300T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Spoke to a guy today, he's lost 8kgs.
    He's been doing this for a while and has stabilized so, he's not losing any more weight (which is good, he'd be wirey).

Anyone else giving this a go yet?
    I'd love to hear.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    A girl I work with is doing it (recomended by her GP) and she has lost about 3kg in 2 weeks, but says she feels amazing! Lots more energy and no bloating.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Anjalee View Post
    A girl I work with is doing it (recomended by her GP) and she has lost about 3kg in 2 weeks, but says she feels amazing! Lots more energy and no bloating.
    Yeah. It gives your digestive tract a chance to recover from the foods we eat. I must admit, I noticed the bloat dissapear straight away. As soon as I started eating normally (I adore carbs) I could feel it starting to clog up my gut again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've just started this, done two low cal days (mon/wed). Only 1/2 a kilo difference as yet but best to weigh weekly apparently as daily weight fluctuates quite a bit. Would be great to lose the baby weight. Hope it works as seems pretty easy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My girlfriend at work has been doing this for years with great success. She looks fab!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    My parents did it, they didn't do 1200cal on the eat days, they just ate normally (sensibly but normally) and did 500cal for two days. They swear by it, mum had to stop doing it as she lost too much weight (not that she was overweight to start she just wanted to loose a few kilos).
    I'll get round to trying it after bub is born and I've finished bf'ing.....
    So it'll be a while yet!

Thanks
    Reviews
    DH is doing it and has lost about 10 kilos. He eats around 2000-2200 cal on normal days and 600 on low days.

Eating 1200 isn't enough - you don't want to send your body into starvation mode as it'll just plateau. You want to create a weekly deficit for the weight loss.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just got back from 3 weeks holiday and have lost about 4kg in total. Actually was pretty easy travelling as I did the "light " days as I call them on travel days. Easy not to eat in a car or plane where there is no fridge!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Blackdomino1 For This Useful Post:

jenjenOo  (19-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I've just started but I'm eating normally on the 5 days - I didn't think you were supposed to calorie restrict except on fast days? Yesterday was my first fast day and easier than expected. I think this is my sort of diet as I hate to deprive myself but I feel I can do it two days a week knowing I can eat what I want on the days in between. Apparently, despite it sounding like you would binge on the eating days the average person doesn't eat much more than they normally would.