+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Mine is also reversed DS is nearly 4 and DD is 2 so there's a 23 month age gap between them. Somedays they are best friends other days there each others enemies lol but no matter what when we are out DS is super protective over DD. for example a lay comment how cute DD was and DS said no she's my Indy not yours lol

I guess it all depends.

Me(21)+DH(25)+DS(4)+DD(2)
    Tank(mastiff x)+Echo(oz cattle)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MonsterMoosMum For This Useful Post:

ciaomamma  (19-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My step kids are 2 years apart and they play together constantly. The dsd is older and she usually dictates the games to which he goes along with what ever she says!
    They do need help every now and then to sort out little issues but nothing more than age appropriate. They really are best buddies.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to acerbaby For This Useful Post:

ciaomamma  (19-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My two have a 13 month gap.

DD (younger) pushes DS's buttons, they fight occasionally, but mostly they play together... it's made me semi-redundant. They are polar opposites, but compliment each other well, have their own little games, understand each other well.

I was so sad when I found out I wasn't having a brother for DS, but really... his sassy sister is exactly what he needs.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to BlissedOut For This Useful Post:

ciaomamma  (19-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    My brother is 2 years younger than me - we fought A LOT!

But we also played together a lot and had a lot of fun too

I suppose the fighting happens because you are both into playing with similar things. I imagine a larger age gap would mean the older child has different interests to the younger one, hence there would be less fights over toys etc.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Degrassi For This Useful Post:

ciaomamma  (19-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My 2 are 23 months apart. Girl first, boy second. This was only semi planned but it is perfect (for me). Yes it was quite hard in the beginning but once second bub starts moving they play really well together. In the early day/months during breast feeding i found sitting DD up with me and reading stories or doing stickers was a real help (that at ABC for kids ).

My biggest piece of advice to give would be, Try, try, try to get them to sleep together. If your first is still napping get number 2 to go down with her.

One of the best things i found with the boy being younger is once they start playing together properly they are at about the same level. See DS likes to play rough sometimes and DD not so much. Cos DS is younger hes at the same 'rough' level at DD. I know this isnt the same for all girls and boys but it is with alot. If DS was first he would be way too rough to play with DD if she was younger.
    MY 2 ar 4.5 and 2.5 now and they are best friends. They play together beautifully and DD even teaches DS how to play games like shops and mums and dads. Yes they fight sometimes but they are mostly happy playing together.
    Good luck

10. The Following User Says Thank You to loislane2010 For This Useful Post:

ciaomamma  (19-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I have a boy and girl 22 months apart.. They are crazy about each other, and each others worst enemy at the same time! They will stick up for each other most of the time. DS often takes the blame for DD.. She blames him for everything! They do love each other though. Here they are taking a break in their bickering..

bazgogz.jpg hope this pic works!!
    Last edited by oozzle; 19-06-2013 at 10:03. Reason: add pic

12. The Following User Says Thank You to oozzle For This Useful Post:

ciaomamma  (19-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you so much for all the comforting stories let's hope they get along.
    Being an only child I want my children to have each other and to be able to help and rely on their brothers and sisters as kids and also as adults.
    I will definitely try to combine their interests and get them to play together, DD is such a girly girl Im having a hard time picturing how a boy is going to fit in there but outdoors play will probably be great for both.
    Yes sleeping together is going to be interesting, she's a good sleeper and still has two naps so hopefully things will work out
    I hope I can be a good mum to siblings I only have my mum to go by and she only had me to wrangle... Im sure Ill be on bub hub asking for advice all the time!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My niece and nephew are 15 months apart and are best mates

Goodluck xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have two daughters, but I'm 2.5 years older than my little brother and we were very close as kids. He hero worshipped me until he hit the horrible teen years lol. We grew apart as teenagers because we were very different people, but until then we hardly ever fought and had great times together. Tbh I think it's more about the kids' personalities than their genders.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah, I think the personality factor is huge with siblings relationships. My 2 younger brothers and I all have 3.5 years between us, the older of the two is very head strong and likes to be in control, I'm similar in that sense and we always clashed (still do, even though I haven't seen him in 3 years), the younger is placid, easy going and compromising, he and my other brother have always meshed well together as a result and I've always been the third wheel unless the older of the two is absent.

These are my two who have a 13 month gap. Please don't quote, as I will remove soon.