+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pilbarablossom View Post
    Im in tears right now! Im so so so glad you got help and your mchn aounds like an angel in disguise. What sensible ideas she has made, especially the home help. I wonder if theres a way to get her some formal reconition for being such a wonderful mchn?

I hope youve woken up today with a sense of hope. Please keep us up to date with how youre going xx

Sent from my GT-I9210T using The Bub Hub mobile app

When everthing calms down, i plan to send her a card in the mail to the clinic she works at. Im beyond gatefull have her be so genuinely concerned and helpful. She also helped me with DD when she was a new born and i suffered "baby blues" that wouldnt go away. Again, she was concerned and helped the right direction. No questions asked, just support and gentle guidance.
    She never labled me with pnd or any other disorder....just kept in touch and a close eye.
    It must be so wonderful for her to see mother's come out the other side....i know she would never take any credit for it, instead,as she told me with my DD "it was all you, i knew you would get there"....such a modest woman

formal recognition, indeed!....suggestions?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    flowers, chocolates and a card!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to GlitterFarts For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Muffet  (20-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Miss Muffet View Post
    When everthing calms down, i plan to send her a card in the mail to the clinic she works at. Im beyond gatefull have her be so genuinely concerned and helpful. She also helped me with DD when she was a new born and i suffered "baby blues" that wouldnt go away. Again, she was concerned and helped the right direction. No questions asked, just support and gentle guidance.
    She never labled me with pnd or any other disorder....just kept in touch and a close eye.
    It must be so wonderful for her to see mother's come out the other side....i know she would never take any credit for it, instead,as she told me with my DD "it was all you, i knew you would get there"....such a modest woman

Not only a brilliant MCHN but a brilliant person in general by the sounds of it! Possibly write a letter to her employer detailing how she has helped you so wonderfully. I know where I live we have a local paper that you can nominate people for a thumbs up - maybe something like that where you live?

I'm so pleased things seem a little brighter for you and I hope the only way from here is up xxxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi LMM,
    Ive been following along in the background and felt like I shouldn't post because I don't even have a baby yet, but I just wanted to say I'm so glad you found some support - it sounds wonderful and I really hope it's working out for you. I know when my sister had her little boy it was really hard for her..l..she ended up asking doc for help and he basically said to get over it; she even asked my mum for help and mum basically said she should get used to it (to taking care of bub on her own)..she lives in Canada and I'm in Aus and wish I could've been there for it.....she got through it but without any support. Good on you for asking for help and for being honest about how you're feeling. Many hugs! x

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am really glad you're feeling better. It sounds really positive! Please do not feel bad about the home help. I actually feel better knowing our tax goes towards services like this, there should be more of it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I always get teary with kindness. I think another reason I had tears was because I too was feeling (perhaps not as severely) some of the things you are feeling. My DD is not as bad a sleeper nor has reflux but I am perpetually exhausted. I wish I had perhaps sought help like you did too. Best wishes xx

Thanks
    Reviews

card and choccies plus write to who ever manages MCHN in your state and tell them how you felt she went above and beyond. She'll get some recognition for her efforts.

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

She would work for your local council. Call them up and ask them if they have a customer service excellence award or something that you can nominate her for. If not, I would send a detailed email of how she's helped to their feedback email address (or find out the best place to send it) I've had a few absolutely lovely emails sent from my story time parents to the general customer service email address and they got sent on to me, and CCed to some of my very senior managers. It definitely gets noticed when we get positive feedback like that

Thanks
    Reviews
    Definitely contact your local council or health service to find out how to thank her formally. Theres also Nurse of the Year awards for each state and she definitely sounds like she deserves it!

Hope you had a better day today xx

Sent from my GT-I9210T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think by following up on thanking her officially this could also help you. Doing nice things for others often helps our mood too x