+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MinnieMouse81 View Post
    I've been reading this thread and feeling for you. I had tears reading your last response. I'm so glad you got the help you needed x
    Me too LMM, I am so relieved and happy you have someone helping you out

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MinnieMouse81 View Post
    I've been reading this thread and feeling for you. I had tears reading your last response. I'm so glad you got the help you needed x
    I just cried for you too LMM!! So happy you're getting the help you need. You most certainly deserve it. There is absolutely no shame in asking for and receiving help. In fact, I believe it makes you much more courageous than those that don't ask

Thanks
    Reviews
    LMM, I've just read this thread and I'm glad you're getting some help. Your DS sounds just like my DD2- she had terrible reflux and literally screamed from 4-10pm every single day until she was 4 months old and we finally got her reflux managed with medication. I remember telling me best friend that I wasn't sure if I even liked DD, even though I felt protective of her. Like you, I had no family or support network close by. I really struggled for a long time and just felt like running away.
    If your DS continues like this after the antibiotics have finished, please look into the possibility that he might have reflux. There are lots of great medication that can make a huge difference.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Sub Rosa For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Muffet  (20-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    500 Posts in a week
    400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekFunniest Caption
    LMM, I am so happy that your chn was so helpful! She sounds wonderful and it is going to make such a difference having someone come to help you out.
    I'm glad you have a plan in place. I hope everything gets better from here.

Sent from my telecommunications device.

Thanks
    Reviews
    after reading your last post, I am so happy for you!! well done! you deserve all the help you can get!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow what a awesome mchn! Sad glad she organised all that for you

SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    such great news to know you now have support and an action plan for the future. Im glad you reached out and found the right person for you and your bub. I hope all goes well from here on, and please dont worry about useing services that are there for who ever needs them. hugs, Marie

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Im in tears right now! Im so so so glad you got help and your mchn aounds like an angel in disguise. What sensible ideas she has made, especially the home help. I wonder if theres a way to get her some formal reconition for being such a wonderful mchn?

I hope youve woken up today with a sense of hope. Please keep us up to date with how youre going xx

Sent from my GT-I9210T using The Bub Hub mobile app

10. The Following User Says Thank You to pilbarablossom For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Muffet  (20-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Miss Muffet View Post
    My mchn was wonderful. she really was. i didnt even know this and my dr never told me, the anti biotics he is on can really upset them. basically turns their gut to slosh, making them want to feed more often. I told her everything he was doing (not sleeping, feeding frequently, unsettled, generally miserable all day, not wanting to be left alone, hates floor time) and He's become worse and she said its all because of the ani biotics and to expect it to continue for a few days after he's finished the dose.
    He may have silent reflux, she suggested we look into it just to rule it out or fix it.
    She was watching ds as he fixed his eyes on a piece of paper on the floor then reached out and picked it up and it went straight to his mouth. She said offer solids now - i can do BLW as i wanted to, he'll be fine. She weighed him and he's actually a massive 8kg baby. I had no idea. So he's a hungry boy, no wonder i ws having trouble keeping up with him.
    She also helped me out with weaning ds onto formula. i had no idea what to do. She was so supportive. i simply said "i dont want to breastfeed anymore" and she said "you dont have to, lets make a plan for you to wean gently...."
    She has set up Home Help ( i feel very guilty getting this, there must be more needy (old) people needing this service much more than i do) its not costing me anything. A lady is coming out today and then weekly for 6 weeks to clean the house, do some washing, strip the beds ect...she already sounds like an angel.

I have weekly follow up aptts with my mchn. She said if i cant get to her, she can come to me after she finishes work from 5pm. suits me.
    She understands i dont want physch or councelling help or to be on medication. She thinks with regular checkups with her and some extra help around the house, things will seem easier with time.....the family will blend again and we will work out a routine, in time.

It seems all i needed to do was reach out to someone and tell them i need help.
    I tried for too long to dismiss my feelings and do it all by myself.
    There are people out there that wont judge but are there to help and listen and guide you in the right direction, im just lucky i found someone like that.
    I feel like there is a plan of action in place now and when it all boils up again and i get those concerning feelings back again, i know who can help me. Plus she's 5mins around the corner from my house.

I hope others can read and take something from this thread. I was in a horrible place, sort of still am, but i sought help when i knew i couldnt do it alone anymore.

Thanks for the advice and suport of everyone who posted to me. It means alot xxxx
    Reading your posts this morning..
    So happy that you found someone who cares. Actually am a bit teary reading your post about your mchn.

Wishing you all the best. xoxo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    That sounds great LMM the home help sounds like heaven You definitely deserve it!

Sent from my GT-I9300T using The Bub Hub mobile app