+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Im so sorry you are going through this. Its seems like something is definitely going on with your baby. Good on you for reaching out to your MHCN. Please be completely honest about your feelings towards your baby with her. They are there to help not judge you. I hope you get some answers asap.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tadpoles View Post
    Does he have signs of reflux? It can be silent reflux (doesn't vomit) or does he vomit a lot after feeding? Other signs are not wanting to be flat, arching back during/after feeds, wanting to feed frequently.

Does any of this sound familiar?

Do you have a carrier LMM? I know you say you don't like him at the moment but I'm concerned about you not eating because you are holding him. If you could put him in a carrier then you would have free hands to eat.

How old is your DD? I imagine that it would be hard for you to give her attention while dealing with your DS. Could you take them out for a walk? DS1 used to scream from reflux and the change in environment would shock him to stop him crying. Sometimes I just walked out to the balcony with him.

Sent from my telecommunications device.
    yes it sounds familiar. he doesnt vomit. sometimes brings up about a teaspoon of stuff but it can happen anytime not always after a feed. He just doesnt want to be put down, flat or upright. i just got him to sleep on me. but he wakes every 15mins and his hand reaches out to touch my face as if "are you still there" and grizzles pathetically.
    i dont like carriers, they get in my way and i cant get down to dd's level or hold dd. they hurt my back. i just dont like them. i have tried it tho and it didnt work out.
    what is given for silent reflux?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    500 Posts in a week
    400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekFunniest Caption
    As far as i am aware they treat silent reflux the same as normal reflux. My DS was on zantac but I know others had losec. It is something they grow out of but it takes awhile. Also the dose can change as they get older so it's not a quick easy fix, it takes time.

Definitely bring it up with the nurse when she comes.

Sent from my telecommunications device.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Miss Muffet View Post
    i just rang my MCHN and was in tears demanding i need help. She's making a home visit to come and see me late arvo before she goes home for the day.
    I hate talking to strangers about personal stuff. Id never talk to a councellor or psych.
    I just spent 2 hours trying to get DS to stop crying. I cannot put this baby down without him screaming. I needed to grab something to eat before i fainted. Now he's sitting in his bouncer staring at me rubbing his eyes and screaming. It wasnt this bad when he was a newborn. He hit 3 months and turned feral. It was nothing i did. Its him. i hate him and he probably hates me. oh well. The feelings are mutual buddy.
    Please tell your MCHN and your DH that you are feeling this way. It may be best if you are given a break from bub for a few days as extreme emotions plus tiredness can cause people to do scary things. Please talk to them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Has the MCHN come over yet?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry my ph died but previous posts above explained reflux. My bub has been on losec. A paed is the best person to diagnose it & they can also look for other causes of his discomfort. How did you go with the chn? It's great you contacted her & I hope she helps.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Im so sorry to hear you are feeling this way.
    No advice just hugs.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't think I could say anything that could help you at the moment but I just wanted to let you know that you are not alone. Many of us have been through this and are still going through it. It sucks. It's not fair. I am so sorry you are going through it too.

I'm glad you have reached out for help this is the first step towards things getting better. You deserve a pat on the back for speaking up and saying 'I'm not coping' because for some (including me) this can be the hardest part.

My fingers are crossed that you got some support this afternoon. Sending big hugs your way.

Thanks
    Reviews
    LMM was just thinking of you today. Sorry you're having such a sh!t time. I rang panda last Friday and found it to be a big relief to talk to someone non judgmental. Your DS' s problems are nit your fault. You are a good and caring mummy. Hopefully the chn can help you. Sometimes it's really hard to love your baby when you're just exhausted and at your wit's end trying to do the best for them and they're still screaming (and dh is not always helpful or tactful I've found)

Big hugs to you

Sent from my GT-I9300T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    LMM, I've been thinking about you and your little one all night. How did you go with the MCHN? Are you and your baby OK?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast