+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Hi lmm...you seem to still be having such a hard time. Maybe it's worth your while to get back to your gp and take them up on the offer you mentioned in another thread for some time with a counselor or psychologist. .. plus some meds? I don't mean to be rude. .. I've been through counseling and stuff myself so I firmly believe it's very helpful when struggling. Our perhaps you could get the sleep lady back you had?? Might be helpful again?
    As for the formula issue. .. just from my experience having been through so many different formulas with my 6 month old. .. you really need to stick to one for up to 2 weeks to get them used to it, unless of course there is a major reaction (eg my dd threw up every feed of soy formula after only three so I didn't stick with it). There will always be a period of adjustment I have found. So if you can stick to one for at least a week or get back to your gp for some advice.
    Anyway. ..I hope things really settle down for you and you can get support. ..I've never heard of panda that was mentioned by pp but it sounds like a great option too.
    I really do hope things get better and you can enjoy your ds.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm so sorry that you are going through this.... Try to remember its not his fault, he isn't trying to do this to you on purpose. It sounds like there is something wrong if he isn't sleeping at all, I think you should go to a pedeatricion(sp?) instead of a gp as they would have more knowledge and might be able to help you and your little boy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    i just rang my MCHN and was in tears demanding i need help. She's making a home visit to come and see me late arvo before she goes home for the day.
    I hate talking to strangers about personal stuff. Id never talk to a councellor or psych.
    I just spent 2 hours trying to get DS to stop crying. I cannot put this baby down without him screaming. I needed to grab something to eat before i fainted. Now he's sitting in his bouncer staring at me rubbing his eyes and screaming. It wasnt this bad when he was a newborn. He hit 3 months and turned feral. It was nothing i did. Its him. i hate him and he probably hates me. oh well. The feelings are mutual buddy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Miss Muffet View Post
    My DH gave him formula overnight last night and he didnt sleep a wink.
    Today i dont want to breastfeed him, ive had enough and i dont see the point anymore. Formula doesnt seem to settle him either and we have tried 3 different types. i dont know what to do.
    guess its off to the doctors once again to get him checked over. We only went last week because of a reaction he had to one of the formulas.
    Im sick of being thrown all these curve balls. Nothing is going right. Can something just work out for me? just once?
    Has he been checked for reflux? please ask your gp for a referral to a paediatrician. There is obviously something wrong. Your feelings towards your baby are very concerning. How do you deal with him during the day if your husband is not around?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just read your latest update. Please be completely honest with her about your feelings towards him. He doesn't hate you but it's alarming that you say you hate him

SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    hi littlemissmuffet, Im glad the mchn is coming to see you. Lots of women have been in this situation, and come through the other side. Dont be harsh on yourself, and allow your little one time to grow and learn how to respond to you. I hope you can find help through your nurse, and I hope there is someone close by who you could call on. Im sure many mothers here would love to help. marie.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi miss muffet

Firstly, you have my complete sympathy. I went through this with DD. she screamed all day, didn't sleep and I fell in the biggest heap when she was 5 months old.

I am really glad the CHN is coming over today. What I found was that being alone with DD tipped me over the edge. I hope she can help you.

What you need to think about (and perhaps talk with her about) is more of a long term solution. We got a sleep person out to help us with DD. it was the turning point for us and especially me as I had very bad PND.

Please PM me if you want to chat. I understand you feel like you don't like your baby right now. I wish I could just come over and hold him for you. I had friends who would come over and just hold DD for an hour. That's what I needed. Biggest hugs, love and strength to you xx

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    Good on you for seeking help. I know that it's hard to open up to others, I feel the same. I also know how it feels to have resentment towards your baby. I know he doesn't hate you, hun, because you're his world. You feed him and keep him safe. I'm no expert but it really seems as though there must be some medical issue. I know you and hubby have tried so many avenues. I hope you get answers soon.

Just a few more hours til the nurse visit. Good luck...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenga View Post
    Has he been checked for reflux? please ask your gp for a referral to a paediatrician. There is obviously something wrong. Your feelings towards your baby are very concerning. How do you deal with him during the day if your husband is not around?
    how do they check for reflux? is it something i can do? sitting at my hopeless dr's waiting room for hours on end with an unhappy baby and a toddler does not help me at all. Infact just thinking about it tresses me out.
    Im unable to deal with ds during the day by myself. thats why ive just called out for some desperate help from my mchn

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    500 Posts in a week
    400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekFunniest Caption
    Does he have signs of reflux? It can be silent reflux (doesn't vomit) or does he vomit a lot after feeding? Other signs are not wanting to be flat, arching back during/after feeds, wanting to feed frequently.

Does any of this sound familiar?

Do you have a carrier LMM? I know you say you don't like him at the moment but I'm concerned about you not eating because you are holding him. If you could put him in a carrier then you would have free hands to eat.

How old is your DD? I imagine that it would be hard for you to give her attention while dealing with your DS. Could you take them out for a walk? DS1 used to scream from reflux and the change in environment would shock him to stop him crying. Sometimes I just walked out to the balcony with him.

Sent from my telecommunications device.