+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I couldn't read without replying. I'm so sorry you're feeling this way.
    As Minchi asked, are you happy giving out your location? There are some lovely people on BH who would be happy to give you a break or some company. On that note, if by any chance you happen to be in Adelaide feel fre to PM me - happy to do anything that may help.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I second swapping to formula, if what you're doing isn't working for you try something new. Maybe he would be more settled on formula.

Hang in there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey sorry to hear you are having a hard time....

I mights suggest ringing your child Health nurse center and making an appointment with them as they do a free sleep school during the day.. you spend the day there and they show you techniques they can also suggest an age appropriate routine including feeding, play and sleep.... I must agree that babies with a routine are much more settled. .....

If you have had enough of bfing perhaps slowly transition to formula....

I cannot recommend going to the chn sleep school

I took my ds and can honestly say learning the techniques and about routines helped my unsettled baby 100000% he was such a dream after that.
    Also go and have a talk to your doctor about how you are feeling. ... it might just help talking to them and they can suggest some ideas that might help

Sent from my GT-N7105T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I just wanted to send you a hug.You sound like you need some support and some time out . Can you possibly hire a baby sitter for a few hours so you can get out the house , go sit in a park and have a coffee and be alone? I know that's not going to fix anything but it may give you a tiny bit of mental space to think of what to do next such as sleep school , formula feeding , talk to someone. You sound like you have done a wonderful job so far. 6 months feeding is tough and a crying baby is hard let alone one that crys all day .Take care xxxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hugs! You need to talk to someone now about how you are feeling. Please contact your gp, mchn, local hospital, panda, lifeline. You need to do this asap and if you don't feel you can please ask your partner to do it for you. You need help, you don't have to feel the way you do. Sleep deprivation will be playing a huge role in how you are feeling and you don't want the bond to get any worse. Does he sleep better on formula? Could he have reflux? There could be a simple answer that can be fixed. I really feel for you & I hope you get the help you and your baby needs xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    I, too, couldn't read without replying. I second what the other ladies have said. I hope you can find some support, whether it be through PANDA, your gp or your CHN. Sounds like you need it. Hope you manage some sleep tonight xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DH gave him formula overnight last night and he didnt sleep a wink.
    Today i dont want to breastfeed him, ive had enough and i dont see the point anymore. Formula doesnt seem to settle him either and we have tried 3 different types. i dont know what to do.
    guess its off to the doctors once again to get him checked over. We only went last week because of a reaction he had to one of the formulas.
    Im sick of being thrown all these curve balls. Nothing is going right. Can something just work out for me? just once?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm so sorry you're having such a terrible time

Did you call the PANDSI helpline? Or the MCHN or your GP? I understand explaining it all is probably the last thing you feel like right now but you do need some support, you really sound at the absolute end of your rope. Tell a professional that you don't want to BF your baby anymore and are starting to resent him and they will take you seriously.

On the feeding issue, have you considered he might have food intolerances? A friend of mine had to go on the failsafe diet to BF her daughter because her DD reacted to foods and additives which affected her sleep really badly. Switching to formula may not help if he's lactose or soy intolerant. Just something to consider.

What about sleep school/sleep consultant? Not sure where you live but if you're in a major city, you can hire a sleep consultant to come spend time at your house and help you sleep-train your DS. Most of them use gentle methods if that's what you're concerned about.

And I second everyone who said you need a break. Can you hire a nanny/babysitter and get out for a few hours?

Hugs, I know you must be feeling dreadful xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    LMM my heart goes out to you. I can feel the desperation in your posts. Lots of PP's have given some solid ideas and I truly hope you can find a way through this awful darkness.

Keep communicating with your partner and accept even the tiniest offers of help.

Huge huge hugs and I am hoping things brighten for you soon xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    500 Posts in a week
    400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekFunniest Caption
    I couldn't read and not post. I'm sorry you are feeling this way.

It's good that your DH is helpful when he isn't at work. Do you have anyone you can ask for help other than your DH?

6 months is a long time and you have done a great job getting here. Please talk to your GP or mchn again and make them listen to you until they see how you are feeling.

In Sydney there is a service which can send out a nanny to help out mothers who need it. Perhaps there is something like that near you?

Sent from my telecommunications device.