+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default im not happy

I am so sick of my DS. For the last 6 mths i have done backflips for this baby. For the last 6 months i have been so sleep deprived i cant string a sentence together anymore or hold a conversation or even remember why im at the doctors. He cries all day long. i have to hold him all day long. he doesnt sleep. he's constantly demanding breastfeeds and im at a point now that i dont even think he deserves to be breastfed.
    Im basically over it and him.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi little miss muffett. Really sorry to hear that you are struggling so much. Do you have any family support? If you have phi I would highly recommend admitting yourself to a sleep school. They will also provide emotional support to you.
    Even if you don't have phi please speak to your gp about how much you are struggling as things seem pretty desperate. Would you be willing to call Panda? (Post and ante-natal depression association)- you don't need to have pnd to call them or even lifeline 13 11 14 just to have someone irl to talk/vent to?

plz keep posting and get some support.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm sorry to hear you're not enjoying your DS. I don't really know what to suggest or what you're open too.

My DD is 5 weeks old and I started her on the save our sleep self settling routine at week 3 because she always wanted to be held and she cried ALOT! She is a much happier baby now and is sleeping 5+ hours at night. Would you be willing to try something like that?

I should add that my DD is FF so we have an eating routine too. It's not strict but I honestly believe that babies need routine.

That's all I can think of to suggest. I'm sorry again for what you're going through. Hugs hun

Thanks
    Reviews
    God you sound so overwhelmed you poor thing. Is there someone you can all right now to give you a break? Even a neighbour or old colleague, anyone to give you a few minutes to yourself. Otherwise put your day in the cot and have a shower or bath, just take a few Minutes to clear your head, then call someone. It's an awful feeling to be so overwhelmed but lots of us have been there. It does pass eventually I promise, but maybe you need to see a doctor tonight to help you get through this tough patch. If you feel like you simply cannot cope please call parent line or lifeline or even an ambulance to help you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    You sound like you're going through a really tough time. Do you have any support around you?

Is there anyone that can take bub while you regroup?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello. It's terrible you feel this way. PND is a killer. I wonder if you could ring your MCHN and tell them how you feel? I am fairly certain they will act quickly if you say what you've just said here and get you the support you need and deserve. I really hope things get better for you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Everyone presumed I'd get it second time round. They all put their own assumptions forward and believe ds is a "good" baby. Even my mchn asked "oh he can't be worse than dd, can he? Surely not. Look at him! He's so happy!....just keep doing what you're doing it will all fall into place. That was 4.5 mths ago. Ds is a nightmare and no one really believes how difficult of a baby he really is. I have no family close by for support or friends. I have dh and he cops the grunt of it all. He understands I'm struggling but he has to keep going to work everyday to keep a roof over our heads. He helps out where he can. He gets up overnight and gives ds bottles when I'm too exhausted to get up for the 4th time for the night.

he is not getting any better. I've tried it all. I'm loosing my bond with him. I can't stand the sight of him. Dh came home early to give me a break. He is preparing bottles and formula for tonight as I don't want to breast feed him tonight. I just can't.
    I have heard of panda. It may just be my last hope.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    oh you poor thing, please don't give up hope. I know, it's really hard. have you spoken to your gp about how down you feel? Definitely get onto PANDA. where abouts are you located? I'm sure some bub hubbers can help you out or give you some company?

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    Hi LMM, I was thinking about you this morning and wondering how you are. You've been trying so hard, I know. Can you stay with your mum again? Or can she come to you?

6 months bfing is a great start for your DS. If it'll make things better then I say definitely ff. You need your sanity.

Take care x

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Just a big fat hug from me I really hope you turn a corner soon.