+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Hospital recommendations: Box Hill or Angliss in FTG?

Hi all

I'm after some advice (positive or negative) regarding the two Eastern Health hospitals in my area - Box Hill Hospital or Angliss Hospital at Ferntree Gully.

Anyone birthed at either of these?

TIA

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi! My sister had her 2 children at Box Hill and loved it, she said the midwives etc were wonderful. Her first birth was quite scary, he came out not breathing etc but they were really great with her and him. She went back for her second there too and was also happy that time

3. The Following User Says Thank You to SummerFun For This Useful Post:

steel magnolia  (18-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had both my boys at box hill and found it fantastic. There was generally a bit of a wait for standard appointments but the midwives were brilliant during labour. It was harder to get into box hill the second time as I am closer to Angliss and they had changed their booking system to a catchment area type thing (this was 2012).
    Sent from my Slider SL101 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    I went to Box Hill for both my pregnancies And the only complaint I have is about the parking. They really looked after me with my second pregnancy which was considered high risk & even though it was a bit full on at times, throughout it all I had absolute confidence in them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Box hill maternity wards are very old and dated. It's quite small but my sis didn't have any other concerns otherwise.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had DD at Box Hill & was very happy with them. The midwives were fantastic, especially during labour. The OB who came in when DD got distressed was great - wasn't pushy & explained what he wanted to do & why.
    Bit of a wait at times for appointments but not too bad really. Felt very well looked after.