+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the update swizly555. Have been thinking of you and your little one. Fingers crossed bubs can stay in a lil longer but if not it's fantastic you have officially made it to 37 weeks . Please keep us updated if you can and i'm sending positive thoughts your way

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Best of luck my DD2 wasn't growing well we made it to 37 and on decided to deliver she came put happy and healthy best of luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Best of luck!! My dd made it to 35 weeks and was born weighing 1.9kgs. She wasn't growing so was induced.
    She is now 20 weeks and weighs 4.5kgs., so getting there but still small!!!
    Wishing you all the best!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Liliana12 View Post
    Hi Swizzly, I've just been reading all this and wanted to wish you all the best. I have no advice as my boy was like your other two and came out at 4kg (which was a shock for me!).
    A friend accidentally bought me a lovely set if clothes that are 00000, instead if 000. I've held on to them hoping to give them to someone one day who could use them. Could I send them to you? I feel they'd be going to a good home
    Thank you so much for the offer, that is just so sweet and thoughtful Are you sure you don't want to hold onto them and use as a gift for a friend?
    I am so use to 4kg babies that I am a little worried about what to do with a smaller bub... I just hope feeding goes well, although I have heard IUGR babies come out hungry

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone for all the thoughts, at the moment I feel like I am going 2 days at a time as it seems every 2 days there is an appointment/monitoring... Bubhub is keeping me sane
    Adden - wow your DD was a tiny bub . How did you find feeding? My DD and DS both fed really well and were off the charts in the other direction for their weight, they both still are for height and weight so I am hoping its a sign this little bub can grow just as well once he is out

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by swizzly555 View Post
    Thank you so much for the offer, that is just so sweet and thoughtful Are you sure you don't want to hold onto them and use as a gift for a friend?
    I am so use to 4kg babies that I am a little worried about what to do with a smaller bub... I just hope feeding goes well, although I have heard IUGR babies come out hungry
    Not at all, in happy for them to go where they're needed. I could hold on to them for ages waiting for a friend to have a small baby. I'd rather them be useful to someone than sitting in my cupboard here!
    If you would like, just pm me your address and I'll pop then in the post.
    I had a friend last year have a little bub and she said the feeding took a little bit to get used to but then she took to it and never looked back! I'm sure with your experience you'll be fine and your little one will thrive once he meets his new mum and family

Thanks
    Reviews
    oh yes I remember that feeling of living appointment to appointment very well. It's a tough thing to do especially when you have other kids at home. The only way I got through it was by knowing I was as prepared as possible. I always had a packed bag in the car ready to go and instructions for my son for who ever was going to have him. I think the uncertainty is the hardest part of it all.

My son was a fantastic feeder from birth and has caught up very quickly. They are so right when they say they come out hungry, my son most definitely was. Because your bub is now technically full term there hopefully won't be any issues feeding as he will be fully developed just smaller.

Thanks
    Reviews
    She had troubles latching (still does) and we used nipple shields (still do!)
    But ds was hard to feed too. She feeds so well with the shields and I actually enjoy feeding for the first time ever!
    I get a lot of surprised people when I say she is nearly 5 months.. But she is perfect!!
    The hardest thing about a small baby was changing her nappy!!!
    If you need ANYTHING pm me!!ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1371857110.187820.jpg
    The other day

ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1371857143.833907.jpg
    In the Nicu.. She was very little!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    All the best Swizzly. That's good that you've made it to 37 weeks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks you for the stories and support, it really puts my mind at ease, especially when it comes to feeding.
    Adden, she looks so tiny in the early days! Must have been a scary time for you. She still looks so little but perfect!