+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Conception

Hello,

I'm terribly sorry if this is a silly question but I don't have anyone to ask! I have had unprotected sex with my partner on days 21 and 25 of my cycle. I had previously been on the pill, skipping my period for about 3 years straight. I've been off the pill since February and had one period lasting 5 days during late May. Is it possible to be pregnant after being on the pill for so long?
    Thank you for any and all help

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Depends on when you ovulated but yes , you can fall pregnant after being on the pill for so long

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep.

I was on the pill for 7 years no break, Would only allow sugar week approx 1-2 times a year, Id just jump to the next active tablets.

I came off the pill, No withdrawal bleed, no period.. nothing for 6 weeks... Bang I was pregnant. I ovulated, hit the target and never got that first period off the pill.

Certainly can and does happen.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you for your replies MrsR2012 and FirstTimeMummy 2012. It's been 6 days now since I 'could' be pregnant and I'm due for AF on Saturday. I'll probably leave it until Monday if nothing has happened. From what I've googled, I understand that you are supposed to wait until a few days after AF should've arrived and only some tests will show after a minimum of 7 days. Part of me would be ecstatic if I was but the other part of me that has a hospital and Dr phobia is crapping myself