+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/3/15100 Posts in a week
    Well, this morning one alarm went off at 6.30. DH got up, turned it off and then sat the tablet at my feet telling me the next ine went off at 7.35. We went back to sleep. The next alarm went off at 6.45. I rolled over, picked up my phone and turned it off. Went back to sleep. My phone goes off again at 7.15. I turn it off and go back tp to sleep. The tablet goes off at 7.35. I'm still way too out of it to even function and DH is sick so we called DS in and asked if there was anything important on at school. When he said no I said we'd treat his hair again (on going lice issue because some of the kids aren't being treated in his class) and he could help me clean his room. I then went back to sleep until 10.30. Working late nights is really messing with me,

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/9/2014100 Posts in a week
    When DH is away at work..

DS2 (4 months) has been waking between 5-6am for a morning feed. All giggly and chatty which is cute but it's too early! Change his nappy and lay down in bed to feed him. Usually we both go back to sleep.

Anytime between 7-8am DS1 (20 months) wakes up. I hear him over the monitor having a chat to himself or crying out for me. Get up, go upstairs, change his nappy and get him dressed.

Bring him downstairs and put play school or wiggles on for DS1 so I can get his breakfast (and my coffee).

Depending on the day of the week sometimes we have to get organised for play group or gymbaroo so it can be a bit of a rush.

When hubby is home I send him up to get DS1 and try get a sleep in..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sockstealingpoltergeist View Post
    Alarm goes off, and I press snooze. Then the alarm goes off and I press snooze. Then the alarm goes off and I mean to get up but I fall back asleep. Then I wake up and get a shock at what time it is.
    Then I run around for an hour like a crazy person wishing I had more time.
    Yup! This is me also.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We've just bought a puppy so my mornings have changed from being quite calm and sorted to being an absolute shambles. Now it's up anywhere between 5-6 to walk the puppy. The boys now wake between 6-6.30 because the puppy wakes them. I get them dressed, give them breakfast, feed the puppy, clean up, take the puppy out for another wee, come inside, watch the puppy like a hawk so she doesn't chew anything, then when it hits 8.30-9 I put her in her crate while I have the quickest shower known to man. Then I give the boys morning tea and I shove breakfast down my gullet before taking the damn puppy out for another wee.

Gym/crèche mornings are even worse. I don't get to eat breakfast until 11am.

This puppy has thrown my life into chaos.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We struggle. Pure and simple. I detest mornings.

DH sets his alarm for 630am. 2% of the time he gets up then. 98% of the time he switches it off and we sleep until DD comes in (7ish). She gets into bed with us and we manage to snooze (waste) another precious 15 minutes away. By then she's asking for breakfast so we sleepwalk to the kitchen.

The nightmare of trying to wake DS begins. He eventually gets up and is as grumpy as sin. The next 20 minutes are a frenzy of breakfast, school uniform, kindy clothes and hair for DD if it's a kindy day, bag packing, teeth and into the car. DH and I wolf down some food and squeeze in a coffee if we're lucky. DH forgets to take his lunch 50% of the time.

The kitchen looks like a bomb has exploded and not a single other thing has been done.

I bet you're all jealous of our awesome mornings

Thanks
    Reviews
    DP wakes up around 5.15am to go to the gym. When he comes back the kids are up, he gives them both breakky, brushes their teeth then wakes me at 7.30am so I can shower. While I shower he dresses them and they fluff around until either DP or I take DS to school. If DP takes him I stay home with DD and eat breakky, tidy up ect. If I take DS I take DD as well and then we go to the shops or come back home.. Nothing spesh.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just can't jump out of bed straight away. I lie in bed with my 2 year old and 8 Month old until I can handle getting up.

I put the tv on and make brekky. Then I ask my 5 year old to get out of bed 500 times. Tv goes off when I get frustrated with nobody listening to me.

I referee the endless amount of disagreements. Then we go to school/daycare/work/nannys/playgroup.

Mornings are not fun