+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    500 Posts in a week
    400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekFunniest Caption
    DF leaves for work between 4:30-7 depending on where he is working. DS1 comes in to my bed and will lie with me until DS2 wakes up or if he doesn't want to be in bed he will go put ABC on and watch that until I stop feeding and can get up.

Then I change DS2, get breakfast for myself and DS1. Get him changed, then it's usually nap time for DS2 and I get dressed.

Next we sort out what washing to do and put that on before DS2 wakes and wants to eat again.

For some reason the past 2 days both kids have slept in until 8. DS2 is still asleep this morning

We don't get much done because it takes me a little to wake up but if we have somewhere to go I'm a lot quicker getting ready and there is no tv. DS doesn't ever want to play straight away. I have to talk him into it.

Sent from my telecommunications device.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Up at 6ish, most mornings take K9 round the block, shower, wake kids at 7am, put on a load of washing, hang out last nights load, tidy house, unpack dishwasher, do breakfast dishes, make sure meat for dinner is in fridge or slow cooker, feed cats and at 8am walk to bakery with kids and walk kids to school and then walk home. Grab coffee and leave home most mornings by about 8.45 ish.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to WorkingClassMum For This Useful Post:

marianaluky  (18-06-2013)

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    We get woken by DS at around 6 yelling 'its time for my yummy yummy porridge!' Depending on who's had to do the most resettling in the night, DP or I get up and make him porridge, and coffees for us. If I'm having a lie in, DP brings DD in to me for a feed at 6.30 and comes and gets her while I sleep in till around 8. Then I stagger out of bed, eat breakfast and have a shower. If I get up with DS, I feed DD in the lounge while I drink my coffee. At around 7 I start opening blinds, tidying up breakfast, getting kids dressed, put a load of washing on eat my breakfast and wash breakfast dishes. Then I wake up DP at around 8 and have myself a shower. DP leaves at around 8.45 and if its a kinder day DS goes with him and DD generally goes down for a nap then. If its a home day for DS we will generally do some craft or baking or something while DD sleeps. We usually get out of the house by 10.30-11.
    We have a no tv in the mornings rule. Very very occasionally i'll put it on for DS at around 9 when DD goes down for a nap, if we've had a Hell Night.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FearlessLeader View Post
    We get woken by DS at around 6 yelling 'its time for my yummy yummy porridge!' Depending on who's had to do the most resettling in the night, DP or I get up and make him porridge, and coffees for us. If I'm having a lie in, DP brings DD in to me for a feed at 6.30 and comes and gets her while I sleep in till around 8. Then I stagger out of bed, eat breakfast and have a shower. If I get up with DS, I feed DD in the lounge while I drink my coffee. At around 7 I start opening blinds, tidying up breakfast, getting kids dressed, put a load of washing on eat my breakfast and wash breakfast dishes. Then I wake up DP at around 8 and have myself a shower. DP leaves at around 8.45 and if its a kinder day DS goes with him and DD generally goes down for a nap then. If its a home day for DS we will generally do some craft or baking or something while DD sleeps. We usually get out of the house by 10.30-11.
    We have a no tv in the mornings rule. Very very occasionally i'll put it on for DS at around 9 when DD goes down for a nap, if we've had a Hell Night.
    The yummy porridge wake ups sound so cute! I had a giggle.

Of course I dont get woken up by it so...

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sometimes I go to the gym at 5.15, sometimes I don't. After the gym though or on non gym mornings its usually always:
    DS2 wakes up around 6.30-7am. I have a shower while he crawls around in the bathroom.
    DS1 will often jump into our bed while I'm getting ready.
    As I walk from our room to DS1's room I open all the blinds (we have a gazillion blinds)
    I get the boys dressed, empty the dishwasher then give them breakfast.
    They play while I have breakfast, put a load of washing on, let the chooks out and play on BH and FB.
    DS2 has a breastfeed at around 9.15-9.30am then goes down for a nap.

If I'm out of this routine (like today - my shower was after DS2's breastfeed), I feel all discombobulated and a wee bit anxious until I'm back on track. I have anxiety and mild OCD though. I used to put the tv on after the boys had had breakfast but we have a new rule here of no tv until 5pm because I felt like DS1 was watching too much
    Last edited by Moxy; 18-06-2013 at 09:46.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Weekdays - We are all up at 5.30-5.45. Tv goes on for the kids while I shower and get dressed then the kids have breakfast, teeth, get ds2 dressed while ds1 dresses himself then watch some tv until we leave just before 7. Dh works away but on the days he is home he will get the boys breakfast and ds2 dressed. I make ds2's lunch the night before so its just a matter of putting it in his bag, clothes for the day are also set out the night before.

Fridays is my day off so we walk ds1 to school then meet some mums for coffee and breakfast, do some chores around town, we usually have a long walk and sometimes we go to storytime at the library then we are home in time for ds2's sleep. I take this opportunity to get the housework done. We have school assembly in the afternoon.

On the weekends we are still up at the same time but no real structure. We often have a BBQ breakfast on Sundays. I tend to get on my treadmill in the mornings on the weekend and in the afternoons before picking the kids up during the week.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Most mornings through the week I wake up before dh at 7ish, sometimes earlier and sometimes later. We have 2 girls, a preschooler and a primary schooler she is 7. I wake up and get breakfasts ready. Sometimes I get my own, when and if I remember to Lol. Not good I know, but it is what it is for now. The girls have breakfast in their beds (if I am running behind schedule) or in the office where the heater is as it's been so cold lately. I usually do let out TV shows on for the girls as we rarely have time most mornings. At this point dh gets up, he is hopeless at waking up as am I. This is usually at 7 30am, he hops into the shower. I set out his work clothes and then make sure that the girls are dressed. One in a school uniform (which is jot washed if there are no stains on it the from the previous day) we only have 1 uniform as they are at least $100 each set. Dh then leaves at 8:15 ish and is in the car on his way to work that's 5 minutes away. I then take the kids to the school a few blocks away because there's less traffic at that time in the morning, and I get to be back home by 9am. When I get into listening to my podcasts while I clean the house for a few hours. I study uni at home so it's my only time off everyday. I have found that if I get the cleaning out of the way in 1 or 2 hours I am more relaxed the whole day. My youngest is 5 and watches her favourite TV shows on the ipad in bed while it's warm and cosy for her. It's been so cold here in Sydney in the mornings I don't want her getting sick all over again. She plays the wii u dancing game for at least an hour a day lol. After this at around 10 it's time for a fruit break and some learning activities. At 11 the washing is ready to hang up on the line and this is done while we are outside together. Then lunch is at 12, from then on the 2 hours before having to leave the house to pick up the eldest just literally fly. I am lucky to get 1 hour of study time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    ds wakes at 6. DH goes and puts his dummy in. ds starts grizzling at 7-7.30. i get up and give him a bottle on the sofa. dh sleeps. change ds and get him dressed. dh sleeps. Wake DD up at 8am. Strip her bed because 9 times out of 10 she has taken her nappy off and wet her bed. make them both breakfast, dd on her little table, ds in highchair. Make myself a cuppa. Put dd's sheets in the wash. dh sleeps.
    Make fruit and toast for kids to eat infront of tv while i get dressed, ask dd to get dressed. Dh wakes, has a 20minute shower and rushes off to work because 9 times out of 10 he runs late because he sleeps in for so long then has a long shower. its good to be him.

Thanks
    Reviews
    DH leaves at 6.30. I'm either up already or at least awake. Kids up at 7am. Straight in to breakfast and I'll make a coffee and start the lunches. TV goes on after breakfast but if they don't eat properly and come back saying they are starving the tv goes off again for round 2 of breakfast.

I finish the lunches, get myself dressed, nag DS 100times to get dressed, have enough of him ignoring me so tv goes off again. DD may dress herself or not depending on what mood she is in.

Bags packed out the door at 8.20, breath a sigh of relief at 9am for 2hrs till I pick DD up from preschool or go to work depending on what day it is.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Up at 5:30. Sometimes a load of washing goes on, do make up for work, unpack dishwasher, then make lunches. Get kids breakfast ready. Wake kids up. They eat while I clean kitchen and pack bags into car. Dress kids plus brush teeth & wash faces. Get dressed for work. Drop kids at Childcare, go to work. 7:30 start work.
    Thankfully that is only M-W. the other days I have no routine, we just do whatever comes, usually kids play and I do odd chores.