+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Yeahhhh... I didn't think I was judgy though until we lived where we used to live and I had seen a variety of questionable parenting. I'm glad we moved a bit away from that, it was getting me down.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Probably, but not to any great extent. I certainly don't think it's justified unless it;s something which seriously affects the child's wellbeing.

I'm reasonably young (23 with a 9 month old), and I can't say I've experienced any obvious judgement. I do wonder whether anybody judges me negatively on being young, particularly since I've had a few people guess/comment that I looked about 16 when out and about with my daughter, but haven't heard a single negative comment about my age.

MrJones&Me is offline sometimes as useless as the 'ueue' in queue
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep, but I generally keep it to myself.

There are mums on here that are on my block list because I find their parenting methods distressing, lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep.
    Sometimes I feel justified.
    Sometimes I feel ashamed.
    Most of the time I keep my mouth closed and my mind open.
    I certainly judge others a lot less now than I did before my children arrived.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by cassieh View Post
    As a 21 year old, I consider myself a 'young mum' ... And I often wonder whether older people judge me when they see me out with my pram.
    The way I've started looking at age is more where you are in your life.. I'm 21 and have done a uni degree, have been a qualified midwife for 12 months and travelled overseas twice by myself (fully funded by myself as well). 21 doesn't seem so young to be having a baby when you look at your life....

6. The Following User Says Thank You to wannawannabe For This Useful Post:

αληθη  (18-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't judge parents by their age, no. I was married at 20 and had two children by 24 and I was happy. When I see a young mum it takes me back to my early days. I will admit I do judge on a parents abilty no matter what age they are if it's displayed in public...but surely that's natural. Every has an opinion and there is many times I know my abilities are being judged when one of my kids misbehave.
    Last edited by ozeymumof5; 18-06-2013 at 11:55.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MrJones&Me View Post
    Yep, but I generally keep it to myself.

There are mums on here that are on my block list because I find their parenting methods distressing, lol
    You can block ppl? I had no idea..thanks

MrJones&Me is offline sometimes as useless as the 'ueue' in queue
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ozeymumof5 View Post
    You can block ppl? I had no idea..thanks
    Yeah you can I have no idea how to do it on the app, but you can via the net

Thanks
    Reviews
    I guess I judge on whether I think parents are doing the best job they can. If the answer appears no then I guess I am judgemental. I don't care if the mum is young, old, rich, poor, works, sahm etc as long as the kids are loved and well cared for. Some things I don't think are ever acceptable , young kids out really late at night in winter without warm clothes on, coke in baby bottles....yikes!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I think the only parenting thing really judge (apart from the obvious abuse/neglect) is people who are smug in their parenting choices. And when I say judge I mentally think "what a knob!"

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to babyla For This Useful Post:

beebs  (18-06-2013),αληθη  (18-06-2013),LoveLivesHere  (18-06-2013),Purple Lily  (18-06-2013)