+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Clementine Grace View Post
    I try my very best not to, but yes, I have. Like the time a few months ago I was waddling into the maternity hospital and there was a woman sitting outside the entrance in a wheelchair with a drip, heavily pregnant smoking with her boyfriend/husband. I had to walk through a cloud of smoke to get inside and when i came out about half an hour later, they were still there.
    Every time I went to the nicu to be with my prem son, I'd walk through the smoke haze. Pregnant women, women post c-section in their teds, women in wheelchairs pushed by staff. I just felt fortunate that it wasn't me - I smoked more than a pack a day before my first was born and I nearly started up again seven years later walking through that haze.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to misskittyfantastico For This Useful Post:

Clementine Grace  (18-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I was 20 when my son was born and until now hadn't considered myself a young mum! I do judge though OP, it's just human nature. Something I try to remember is you never know what is actually happening when you see something questionable in the shops etc. sooo many times now we've been caught in unexpected situations that would look really odd from the outside.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My judging is not reserved to parents only, it's a general population thing

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to babyla For This Useful Post:

Boobycino  (18-06-2013),αληθη  (18-06-2013),Maybelline  (18-06-2013),RandR  (18-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by babyla View Post
    My judging is not reserved to parents only, it's a general population thing
    Haha so true

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I don't usually unless they're feral or screaming at their child etc

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I judge every now and again - but not for petty stuff like what brand of pram people are pushing.

I don't judge based on age - there are good and bad parents in every age group.

I cannot help but judge when I see instances of neglect, or blatant disregard for a child's safety. But I think that's a pretty normal and valid response.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    No, but I'm glad I wasn't a young mum, but I have 2 sisters and friends who were/are!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by London View Post
    Yep, I judge everything and everyone.
    Oh thank god someone said it!! This is me ...

On the subject if keeping hospital bracelets, umbilical cord etc, I thought everyone did that! Why is that weird?? Ill keep my DD first everything!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MonsterMoosMum View Post
    The only time I can recall judging someone was when we were living in maryborough last year in winter it was freezing butt cold and I mean jumper pants layers of socks fecking cold and we were walking to the local shoo and walked past a lady with 3 kids 2 walking age around 3 and maybe 5 aswell as a bub no more then a year old in a pram all kids only had singlets and nappies on and the older ones has no shoes, the youngest ones legs were purple!!! mind you the mum was rugged up in a nice jacket jean boots scarf
    I judge this sort of thing too. It's something that really riles me up.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Can't help but look down on mums with a bunch of kids (3 or more) with a ciggy hanging out looking feral/bogan/druggy and being maybe 20 years old...actually I just think thank god it's not me!!