+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    i have had judgemental friends who ***** about other mum's struggling to make it to their mother's group because they have two kids now and find it hard to leave the house somedays. One of my friends replied "why have 2 kids so close in age then? you have to have a life ya know, geez!". It made me sick and was a wake up call to me.
    i admire any parents who damn well try hard. That would be 99.9% of every parent out there. I admire parents who make mistakes, cut corners, are at the dr's every second week to follow up with their childs care, who feed their kids mcdonalds because its been a long day and they forgot to get the meat out of the freezer to defrost. at least they feed their kids. CC or CIO or no cry - 'whatever keeps the family functioning and sane' is probably what goes thru these parents minds who are at wits end.
    we dont know everyones background or what their struggles are. so who are we to judge and assume?

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Little Miss Muffet For This Useful Post:

babynomad  (19-06-2013),FruitBowl  (20-06-2013),oozzle  (19-06-2013),peanutmonkey  (19-06-2013),risfaerie  (22-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by giggle berry View Post
    You judge them just for having a whinge or only if they try to push their newborns into a routine?

I think many new parents get a rude awakening when a baby comes along. Few are truly prepared for just how tired they will be as a result of the realities of living with a newborn.

I personally don't judge just for having a whinge, sometimes people just need to vent their frustrations to help them cope with them...

If it was a friend I would reassure them that their baby is completely normal and doing exactly what newborns do though 😉
    No no no! Lol.. Definitely don't judge for having a vent! But hate parents who try & put their new borns in a routine & don't just give them the love & attention they need.. If your baby wakes up, it's generally cause it's hungry, if your baby cries, it's generally cause something's wrong. Don't like seeing little bubs forced into a routine so young .. I think it's mean

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by cassieh View Post
    No no no! Lol.. Definitely don't judge for having a vent! But hate parents who try & put their new borns in a routine & don't just give them the love & attention they need.. If your baby wakes up, it's generally cause it's hungry, if your baby cries, it's generally cause something's wrong. Don't like seeing little bubs forced into a routine so young .. I think it's mean
    some parents dont know any better. but they are still trying their best. im sure they still cuddle and feed their baby when it cries! some parents feel some sense of control if they can find routine. a new baby can throw us out of our comfort zones dramatically. If finding routine and structure again asap is what they need to function then so be it.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Little Miss Muffet For This Useful Post:

Missy RJ  (23-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week
    Ok after a very recent incident I am going to say yes I judge.

Not on age, gender, or race but on parenting style I guess you would say. I judge those that quite obviously favour one child over another, don't seem to give a rats about their kids and those that neglect their kids. Those that are rude. Those that drink and drive (especially with kids in the car. No, the drunkest does not drive). Those that smoke in the car with kids (no you did not escape unscathed when your parents smoked in the car with you, look at how bad your asthma and general health is). Rant over

AS for age, the only thing that worries me is I'm too scared to say "is this your baby" or "is this your little brother or sister, neice or nephew" and for the older ones "your baby/grand child".

I couldn't care less how old anyone is when they have a baby. I might judge an 80 year old, maybe even a 60 year old though.

Sent from my magical black talky thingy using bubhub

Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Yes I do.

I judge parents who swear at their children and say things that erode their self esteem.
    I judge parents who don't take their children's education, nutrition and general well being seriously.
    I judge parents who encourage children to conform into what society expects they should wear, think and behave according to their gender (eg girls must wear pink frills and play nicely with dolls, boys must wear blue and play roughly with trucks)
    I judge parents who don't take parenting seriously.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Busy-Bee For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (19-06-2013),GreenMama  (19-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes l do.

I judge people who don't look after their kids e.g. Bil and wife talking about how long their daughter (age 2)has not had a bath, then arguing about who will bath her. Then they had the nerve to ask me to bath her when neither work. They don't even need to cook for themselves or their daughter as they live with MIL and she cooks lunch and dinner for them, but the can't even be stuffed bathing their kid regularly.

I also judge parents who don't pull their kid up on really bad behaviour.

I also judge people who spend a crap load of money on their kids for birthdays and Christmas, while they are not working and being supported by MIL. It's a bit of a slap in the face of MIL who struggles to pay mortgage and groceries every week.

So overall yes l am a very judgemental person.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using The Bub Hub mobile app

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Night Owl For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (19-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Night Owl View Post
    Yes l do.

I judge people who don't look after their kids e.g. Bil and wife talking about how long their daughter (age 2)has not had a bath, then arguing about who will bath her. Then they had the nerve to ask me to bath her when neither work. They don't even need to cook for themselves or their daughter as they live with MIL and she cooks lunch and dinner for them, but the can't even be stuffed bathing their kid regularly.

I also judge parents who don't pull their kid up on really bad behaviour.

I also judge people who spend a crap load of money on their kids for birthdays and Christmas, while they are not working and being supported by MIL. It's a bit of a slap in the face of MIL who struggles to pay mortgage and groceries every week.

So overall yes l am a very judgemental person.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Wow... I judge that too! I hate people who bludge off others... Yet seem to always have money for unnecessary items like cigarettes, drugs, alcohol, (as many posters have previously mentioned) ..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Here Kitty View Post
    Oh gosh... I just bought a Strider Compact. Is that safe? Or am I a total bogan? Or half bogan?
    I'd say it's 20% less bogan than a full sized model

Sent from my GT-I9300 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't understand the whole bogan thing... How is a strider bogan???

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Boobycino View Post
    I'd say it's 20% less bogan than a full sized model

Sent from my GT-I9300 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    LOL! I'm comfortable with being 80% bogan.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Here Kitty For This Useful Post:

Boobycino  (19-06-2013),MrJones&Me  (19-06-2013)