+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cassieh View Post
    One thing that really annoys me, I don't know whether it's judging.. Well yeah, it probably is.

Is people who whinge about their new born babies:

'He doesn't sleep', 'he wants to feed all day and all night', 'he just wants to be held all the time'

What did you expect?? It upsets me to think that these little bubbies are being forced into a routine just because the mum wants it to be easier... I don't think you can spoil a new born baby.. I think they need as much love and attention as you can possibly give them. Even if it does mean all day and all night. We have nurtured them in our warm cosy belly for 9-10 months, of course they want to be comforted by us when they enter the big bad world!
    You judge them just for having a whinge or only if they try to push their newborns into a routine?

I think many new parents get a rude awakening when a baby comes along. Few are truly prepared for just how tired they will be as a result of the realities of living with a newborn.

I personally don't judge just for having a whinge, sometimes people just need to vent their frustrations to help them cope with them...

If it was a friend I would reassure them that their baby is completely normal and doing exactly what newborns do though 😉

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to giggle berry For This Useful Post:

Guest654  (23-06-2013),peanutmonkey  (19-06-2013),upforroundtwo  (19-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yep I judge. I'm a judgey mcjudgey.
    Parents who cbf putting effort in and plonk kids in front of tv allllllll day, parents who feed their kids crap every day, parents who use controlled crying or CIO on tiny newborns or who smoke around their kids, etc.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to duckduckgoose For This Useful Post:

upforroundtwo  (19-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I judge if a child isn't clothed or fed properly because their parents "have no money"... but always have plenty of cigarettes.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Here Kitty For This Useful Post:

oozzle  (19-06-2013),upforroundtwo  (19-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Boobycino View Post
    Strider plus I believe is the bogan pram of choice (I have one. Whoops)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Oh gosh... I just bought a Strider Compact. Is that safe? Or am I a total bogan? Or half bogan?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    {text removed by Moderator}

I don't judge a Mum by her age, I was 21 when I had DS1. I do feel sad when I hear of 13 yr olds having babies though.
    Last edited by Mod-RaryGirl; 19-06-2013 at 16:23. Reason: Not in the spirit of BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I judge pious parents who judge other parents who might be having a hard time with a newborn and are desperate for sleep and/or who have challenging babies. All those parents night need is a kind word or offer of help. Not judgement.

10. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to kw123 For This Useful Post:

beebs  (19-06-2013),Bennos Mummy  (20-06-2013),ChickyBee  (19-06-2013),giggle berry  (19-06-2013),Guest654  (23-06-2013),Here Kitty  (19-06-2013),oozzle  (19-06-2013),peanutmonkey  (19-06-2013),Tippytoes  (22-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I dont think so. I know people think I judge them on some things, but I dont. Unless its a safety issue.

If I do then I dont notice I do it. I have to actively work at it to try.

Ive been judged a lot for a lot of different things, and I know how upsetting and hurtful it is so I dont do it to other people. Not even on their parenting which is apparently a social norm. Lol!

, I told a lie. I do judge, kind of, when people give advice to others on their kids and act as if its the only correct advice those parents will ever get. I just think those people are a bit of a knob head, tbh.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Jennaisme For This Useful Post:

oozzle  (19-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I do. I judge all the time and feel like I'm being judged all the time. I particularly judge parents who smoke around their kids, parents who feed their kids junk all the time and parents who swear or scream at their kids. But trust me, I judge myself harsher than I judge anyone else so it all balances out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    giggleberry I agree - tried to quote you but it didn't work.

There is NO book in the world that can prepare you for the lack of sleep, the total bamboozlement of a newborn baby. NOTHING. Some people cope with it fine, many don't admit they aren't coping. I would rather people off load than bottle it up and get pnd.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to upforroundtwo For This Useful Post:

babynomad  (19-06-2013),beebs  (19-06-2013),giggle berry  (19-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    me too Moxy. I think there are so many ways I could be a better mum. Be more patient at nighttime when I am tired and midge just won't go to sleep, be a better mum who cooks cool cakes, who's house isn't always a tip, blahblah I could go on about my own faults!