+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Lapband + pcos + ttc

Hi I am wondering how many people have had lapband surgery that suffer from PCOS and are also going through IVF. Myself and my partner have had some unsuccessful attempts with insemination and due to me having PCOS I am prone to weight gain, as I am sick of dieting I have decided to go and get the lapband now and I a curious to know if it actually has helped anyone with being successful with the baby making... Hope you see from someone soon!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi. I cant help with the lap band but i have pcos aswell and havr been through the trying to lose weight and ttc. I just want to wish you luck with it all and i hope you get some positive results!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi I have had lapband done because of the weight gain from PCOS. Best decision I made.

It wasn't the answer for TTC but it helped. After the surgery in August last year I lost 20kg and still haven't had any fluid put in the band. The weight loss helped to "regulate" my period. I went from not getting a period in over 12 months to having 30-45 day cycles a month after the surgery.

Although I became more regular I didn't ovulate so in February this year my FS put me on letrozole, I finally ovulated but BFN. Match he doubled my dose, which meant my progesterone levels more than doubled. And I got my BFP!!!

I'm now feeling much better about the whole lapband experience and don't regret it for a second. And I'm 4 months pregnant!!

If you have any q's just ask