+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FearlessLeader View Post
    With the crying at the start of the bedtime routine- both mine did that too around the same age, and I tend to think it's actually a step forward. I think (this is my own unprofessional theory of course!) that they cry because they know bedtime is coming, and they realise how tired they are. So when mine have done that I've kept singing softly and smiling at them to let them know going to bed is a good thing. Then I've stayed and helped them go to sleep as much as they need me. I really think a big key is to try to stay relaxed and keep bubs as relaxed and calm as possible (i know some days that's impossible!)
    Yep this. DS2 went through this and I tried not to react and "validate" the idea that bedtime was something to be upset about. If you stay calm and follow through with the routine they soon realise that sleepy feeling is nothing to worry about & is normal.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to grumpybump For This Useful Post:

olismumma  (17-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FearlessLeader View Post
    With the crying at the start of the bedtime routine- both mine did that too around the same age, and I tend to think it's actually a step forward. I think (this is my own unprofessional theory of course!) that they cry because they know bedtime is coming, and they realise how tired they are. So when mine have done that I've kept singing softly and smiling at them to let them know going to bed is a good thing. Then I've stayed and helped them go to sleep as much as they need me. I really think a big key is to try to stay relaxed and keep bubs as relaxed and calm as possible (i know some days that's impossible!)
    I'm really glad to hear you have your DH's help it is really hard when they're at work for the day. I find coming on BH and FB and venting sometimes helps me feel a little less alone.
    Also, one thing that helps me a lot is to make sure I have breakfast and a shower and get dressed before DP goes to work. Showers really help to wake you up, and it just makes the day a bit easier when those 3 things are done. Prepares you somewhat for the day!
    Finally, try not to spend all day thinking about your baby's sleep. What I tend to do is to try really hard to get one or two naps done (depending on how they go!) And then get out of the house and go shopping or something. Try not to let it dictate your life too much.
    I think you are spot on with why they cry, because it can sometimes only take me 10 mins and she's asleep in my arms! Also I agree with showering, getting dressed.. today I decided to have a lazy day and felt MUCH worse for it :-/
    Cue, I wish she would sleep in car or pram but she rarely does, since she went a while with reflux and me not knowing I think she associates these with bad feelings :-(
    Agree with getting out though and usually try to when hubbys home, I think most of my pnd comes down to feeling isolated and the sleep deprivation. Psychologist has challenged me to take her out on my own and not worry what people think when she's unsettled.. maybe ill try tomorrow...

Sent from my HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315b using The Bub Hub mobile app