+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    αληθη is offline BH name read as Aleethee
    Winner 2012 - One most likely to be hacked by Nomsie
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Ohmygosh that's so horrible
    I have been raped, not quite as violently as you as I knew the man but I know how devastating and hard to get over it is. I can't imagine how terrified your daughter was too I also have an unplanned pregnancy through my silly enjoyment of uni life (alcohol and poor judgement) and am to be a single parent too. I hope you feel better soon!

Sent from my talky stick
    Last edited by αληθη; 16-06-2013 at 20:21.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hugs hun

Sent from my GT-I9300 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    No advice at all, just hugs.

Thanks
    Reviews
    How terrible for you both to have to experience, and i hope you are able to get good counselling for you both. Your daughter will be a great help to you while pregnant and when the baby is born. I had the same age gap and they all were great helpers and my toddler adores her older sisters and brother. (Sisters are 12 & 10 years older, brother 7 years)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Couldn't read and not send you hugs. What a truly hard situation. I want to say how brave you are for going through with this pregnancy and I hope this baby gives you and your daughter exactly what you need to heal. I second and third all the others talking about counselling, for you both. Your little girl witnessed something truly awful and if it isn't showing now, there will surely be difficulties with this down the track. There are a lot of program's out there for grief counselling and support. A lot of the people that help in these program's have been through ordeals themselves making them the perfect people to talk to. Again, giant hugs mumma, you are doing a wonderful job and I send you loving and peaceful thoughts xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'm so sorry that happened to you and your daughter. How horrific. Thank god your DD was so brave and smart to follow your instructions and keep herself safe from these horrible people. Did the police catch them??

I think you need some professional advice and support to help get through this, I don't think anything I say could possibly give you the comfort and support you deserve.

I hope you and your children find lots of happiness in the future.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Cue For This Useful Post:

KaraB  (04-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone. I was linked in straight away with the sexual assault service and Victims Assist Queensland has hooked me up with a psychologist and covered most of the expenses. Also all pregnancy related expenses will be covered as it's a direct result of the crime that was committed. No arrest as yet, they retrieved 3 different types of DNA and were able to get numerous fingerprints but we don't know who they belong to, those who frequent the house have given theirs to rule out those ones as suspect prints, but I did have a fair few work colleagues and sometimes even clients to my home. We also had various events we'd host, so who knows who owns the fingerprints. I feel like I'm so far past the baby stage, not to mention feeling really old, that I won't remember what to do with a baby.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Another here offering hugs and support but no advice.

I agree with the suggestion of counselling for both you and your daughter. You may even be able to be referred by them to a rape victim support group in your area??

As for large age gaps there are quite a few members here in that situation. You may need to put something to that effect in the title of another thread to catch their attention though.

Hang in there, you've both already been incredibly strong! xoxoxo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow you sound like a truly amazing strong mum and wish you all the best in life

Thanks
    Reviews
    My little girl has been so tough in all of this, it makes me proud yet oh so heart broken. She gave her report to the police, giving a description of the 3 she saw the most, then she said there might have been 2 more or maybe one more, she only ever saw 4 at a time but truly believes 5 of them were in the hallway, it was hard to see from where she was. Thankfully she wasn't able to see all of what they did to me, but she certainly saw enough of it. We moved that night to a family home and Victims Assist arranged for our belongings to be shifted out and insurance was pretty straight-forward. It was an obvious break and enter so the window and the back door were fixed without too much drama. Just keeping on keeping on at the moment. The large age gap is freaking me out. I'm still in shock over the whole ordeal, but have support with that side of it. Mixed responses from others about the pregnancy though. Now I'm a little way along, people are stopping with pushing for an abortion and now telling me there's no shame in adopting a baby out. Truth be known, I haven't ruled it out yet, but at the same time I won't know how I feel about the baby until he or she is here and in my arms. I know this one won't look like me, the people who broke in were Indigenous, one of them is the father.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Secret of Cleo For This Useful Post:

happy wanderer  (24-06-2013)