+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast
    harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Secret of Cleo View Post
    Honestly, there are good days and bad days. I've got a good psychologist and there's a 24 hour Victim Of Crime counselling number that has been helpful, but at home at night alone it gets a bit scary sad and even lonely where I've not felt the need for company before. There are days when I feel clear in how this will turn out, then there are days where I'm second guessing myself and thinking a different way would be a better way. There are 3 options and all of them have negative consequences more than positive. This is one of those times where it would be great to be able to cheat on the exam you know?
    I'm in the middle of making a huge, life-altering decision myself, and it also has a time limit. Nothing like the same as you, but I understand how hard it is with fear of the unknown creeping in. Wouldn't it be great to just flit forward in time for a little bit to see how you go?!

My therapist advised me to make a gains and losses list for each possible decision, and be totally selfish about it, not thinking about how my decisions might impact on others, iykwim. Well, I did it, and each decision has more losses than gains. So, that was brilliant! This may sound dumb, but I often find just flipping a coin helps you realise what you actually feel.

Ultimately, you will make a decision, and the decision you make will be the best thing you knew how to do at that moment in time, and shouldn't be regretted. And that goes for me too x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Victims Assist are covering all costs associated with the pregnancy, medical tests related to injuries and also any legal costs that may come up, they are covering the cost of the psychologist and every other expense. There is also a compensation pay out from them and my daughter will receive a compensation pay out when she turns 18. I don't feel the need to sue, and am undecided on what will happen to the baby once it arrives, if I choose to raise it until 18, that's a cost I'll be choosing to take on. Otherwise the adoptive parents will be covering those costs.
    That's good to know, I'm glad things are being taking care of for you. I totally understand why you don't want to pursue legal action against the hospital. You already have enough things to deal with.

Thanks
    Reviews
    The officer in charge of the investigation didn't handle any of it too well and was being horrible I think the staff were put out by that. I've put in a formal complaint about him I don't blame the hospital staff they were really good considering. They are aware that it wasn't given but what could they do that long after? It won't change anything to sue them now.
    Sorry OP but I have to disagree with you here. The hospital staff that would work with a situation like this should be experienced enough dealing with police - good and bad. Your officer in charge being difficult should not have impeded their job on something so serious.

Suing is not just about financial gain - in many cases the amount isn't even worth it. It's about making people accountable for their actions and ensuring the same mistakes are not made again.

You sound like a very strong woman, I could never go through with a pregnancy under these conditions, so you have my full respect & thoughts. But what if the same happens to a poor 14yr old girl? Everyone involved should absolutely be forced to face - and change - their failed procedures.

Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy. I wouldn't worry about the gap, you will be fine! To be honest I'd say that aspect is the least of your worries. Hugs to you and your DD.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pesca77 For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (27-06-2013),BabyG4  (28-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsharvey View Post
    I'm in the middle of making a huge, life-altering decision myself, and it also has a time limit. Nothing like the same as you, but I understand how hard it is with fear of the unknown creeping in. Wouldn't it be great to just flit forward in time for a little bit to see how you go?!

My therapist advised me to make a gains and losses list for each possible decision, and be totally selfish about it, not thinking about how my decisions might impact on others, iykwim. Well, I did it, and each decision has more losses than gains. So, that was brilliant! This may sound dumb, but I often find just flipping a coin helps you realise what you actually feel.

Ultimately, you will make a decision, and the decision you make will be the best thing you knew how to do at that moment in time, and shouldn't be regretted. And that goes for me too x
    A gains and losses thread sounds better than a pros and cons list! I made the pros and cons list and every decision leads to more cons than pros! Makes it very difficult!

Flipping a coin sounds more fair and less emotionally challenging than the current process.

I think it's a had to be there moment where the officer in charge was concerned I don't blame the staff for being how they were considering how that officer's behaviour was.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Was it a private or public hospital SoC?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think it's a had to be there moment where the officer in charge was concerned I don't blame the staff for being how they were considering how that officer's behaviour was.
    What exactly was that behaviour then? If it was truly that bad to result in experienced medical staff make such a monumental mistake, which affects the rest of yours and your DD's life, he should be sacked.

The hospital would surely have procedures in place where they would have some sort of checklist, where more than one person signs off. If none of this was done, they should be completely liable. It shouldn't just come down to one nurse & if it does then that's scary.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Pesca77 View Post
    What exactly was that behaviour then? If it was truly that bad to result in experienced medical staff make such a monumental mistake, which affects the rest of yours and your DD's life, he should be sacked.

The hospital would surely have procedures in place where they would have some sort of checklist, where more than one person signs off. If none of this was done, they should be completely liable. It shouldn't just come down to one nurse & if it does then that's scary.
    I agree. In my experience with the police involved in various things at the hospital I work at they have had no impact what-so-ever on treatment of a patient. We barley see them until we do what needs to be done - they have to work around us.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Pesca77 View Post

He may well be sacked. In any case, I'm not suing the hospital, they have been made aware of what happened, what's done is done.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    Was it a private or public hospital SoC?
    It was a public hospital, that's where the forensics place is. I'm going private now because the gap is fully covered and there is continuity of care, I only have to deal with the few staff who know the full story which makes it easier.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Wow. I've just read this thread and couldn't not comment. Our house was broken into while we were out and I still have a hard time! We have dogs, security system, locks on locks on locks etc and that was just from someone coming into our house and taking material possessions! Not physically assaulting me. You are amazing! I am so sorry you had to go through this. It's shocking they were young kids, this world is getting so incredibly bad. I hope that things somehow sort themselves out for you and you can somehow be happy again. Xox