+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AM View Post
    I never even thought of emergency contraception, of course.

You know, I'm really really NOT a fan of suing, but in this case I think I would do it, that mistake of the hospital is really impacting hugely on your life. (obviously) You and your daughter definitely deserve compensation for what you are having to face from now on. You are going to have to pay for a lot of services which you otherwise would not have, and the emotional toll alone...

Surely they have checks, paperwork to make sure everything is done correctly?? I'm really disappointed to hear this happened, it's unforgivable.

ETA - I know you don't want to sue, I'm just totally outraged this happened!!
    I agree. Not to mention the cost of raising a child for a minimum of 18 years. There will be no financial support from the FOB for obvious reasons so if you could get a payout of some kind it would be a great help to you, your daughter and the baby. And they were negligent. You have been forced into a position of making decisions you never would have had to if they done their job properly.
    Last edited by WiseOldOwl; 27-06-2013 at 07:23.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to WiseOldOwl For This Useful Post:

MilkingMaid  (27-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    The morning after pill may not have even worked unfortunately:/

Good luck with everything xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have just read through this thread, and like everyone else want to send you many many

You sound like an amazingly strong and brave woman, and I am so sorry you have gone through and are going through such a traumatic experience.

I just wanted to respond to some of your comments where you are worried about not bonding with the baby. I have two planned and much wanted children, and I can honestly say I didn't bond with either of them during pregnancy. Truth be told I didn't truly bond with either of them until well after they were born - I cared for them and was in awe of them and I didn't have pnd or anything, I just had to get to know them for that bond to really develop. I know of many people who say the same thing.

I just wanted to say it is totally normal to take time to bond with your baby so don't put unrealistic expectations on yourself now. As you already said, you are a lot busier now than with your first pregnancy too!. Just because you don't feel like you have bonded now doesn't mean you won't.

Look after yourself and your amazing daughter
    Xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MummyJenn View Post
    I agree. Not to mention the cost of raising a child for a minimum of 18 years. There will be no financial support from the FOB for obvious reasons so if you could get a payout of some kind it would be a great help to you, your daughter and the baby. And they were negligent. You have been forced into a position of making decisions you never would have had to if they done their job properly.
    Victims Assist are covering all costs associated with the pregnancy, medical tests related to injuries and also any legal costs that may come up, they are covering the cost of the psychologist and every other expense. There is also a compensation pay out from them and my daughter will receive a compensation pay out when she turns 18. I don't feel the need to sue, and am undecided on what will happen to the baby once it arrives, if I choose to raise it until 18, that's a cost I'll be choosing to take on. Otherwise the adoptive parents will be covering those costs.

Mod-biscotti is offline Administrator Administrator
    Winner 2012 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Secret of Cleo View Post
    Victims Assist are covering all costs associated with the pregnancy, medical tests related to injuries and also any legal costs that may come up, they are covering the cost of the psychologist and every other expense. There is also a compensation pay out from them and my daughter will receive a compensation pay out when she turns 18. I don't feel the need to sue, and am undecided on what will happen to the baby once it arrives, if I choose to raise it until 18, that's a cost I'll be choosing to take on. Otherwise the adoptive parents will be covering those costs.
    I was just going to post this link for you but I am guessing you have already seen it ?

http://www.justice.qld.gov.au/justic...ial-assistance

Eta - I can't see where your daughter will have to wait until she's 18 though? I think she would benefit from the financial support right now. How awful

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-biscotti For This Useful Post:

KaraB  (04-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by biscotti View Post
    I was just going to post this link for you but I am guessing you have already seen it ?

http://www.justice.qld.gov.au/justic...ial-assistance

Eta - I can't see where your daughter will have to wait until she's 18 though? I think she would benefit from the financial support right now. How awful
    All costs are covered for her immediately where needed, but children are not given the financial pay out until they turn 18.

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    How are you feeling atm, SoC? Are you getting the emotional support that you need?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just read your original post. How awful! So sorry.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsharvey View Post
    How are you feeling atm, SoC? Are you getting the emotional support that you need?
    Honestly, there are good days and bad days. I've got a good psychologist and there's a 24 hour Victim Of Crime counselling number that has been helpful, but at home at night alone it gets a bit scary sad and even lonely where I've not felt the need for company before. There are days when I feel clear in how this will turn out, then there are days where I'm second guessing myself and thinking a different way would be a better way. There are 3 options and all of them have negative consequences more than positive. This is one of those times where it would be great to be able to cheat on the exam you know?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Sending you lots of hugs. It's all I can offer you. I often think about you even though we're complete strangers.

Hope you both are ok.