+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Best bra retailer & fitter in Brisbane for large cup sizes?

I'm looking for a good bra fitter (who actually knows what they are doing etc) and a good shop who stocks a decent range of bras for someone who is around a 10F (I think - last time I was fitted by someone who was half decent).

I've given up with bras n things and DJs/Myer as they don't have much range in my size and I can never get a proper fitting there.

Bras n things seem to get the fit wrong every time and now I have a whole wardrobe of bras which don't fit properly - I have been buying my bras there up until now because I couldn't really find anywhere else that had a decent range in my size but I'm over shopping there now. I'm starting to get breast pain, and I can't feel any lumps or anything and I'm having a suspicion that it's due to my bras & lack of support (don't worry I will go to the doctor to get checked out if it continues).

I have tried big girls don't cry and I was impressed with the fitter there, but they don't seem to have much range in my back & cup size - most of their stuff seems to be for larger back sizes.

I'm anxious about buying from an online store as I can't get a decent fit from so-called professional fitters in-store, so I doubt I'll get it right if I buy online without trying it on.

Any recommendations would be much appreciated!

Btw, if you don't work in retail, does anyone know it is possible to do a 'bra-fitting' course? I thought that if I knew how to properly fit my own bra it might help. I know the basics, but it still seems to always be wrong when I bring them home.

Also, has anyone ever made their own bras? Have you been successful? Is it hard?

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My favourite bra shop is closing down . I get fitted now at Isabella's Passion at Carindale. They seem to be pretty good and have a good range. I am not a fan of Bras n things.

Myer city store has a decent range of larger cup bras.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to SpecialPatrolGroup For This Useful Post:

heartstringz  (16-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks!

Does Myer city store have any decent bra fitters?

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I haven't been fitted there for a long time so I couldn't comment but in my experience the staff in myer have generally been quite good.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Tried Myer & didn't like it. They tried to push me into the size they 'said' I was but it wasn't comfortable.

I'm not having much luck - currently looking for a sports bra. Big Girls Don't Cry only have two style in my size according to their website & I was hoping for a little more range than that. Evie Boo is closing down.

No idea where to buy from now..........I wonder how hard it is to make them yourself.............

Thanks
    Reviews
    Why not try Isabellas Passion Carindale, bigger cup sizes,
    Upto a K cup .Bra fitting a dying art I'm afraid loads of
    practise on the job training is the only way to learn,plus
    you have to think fast and most of all LISTEN to your customer,
    cant please everyone but won't go down without a fight

Thanks
    Reviews
    Big girls don't cry anymore in the valley.
    They have great specials and go up to the end of the alphabet in cup sizes