+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I wouldn't judge if someone spent $50, nor if they spent $50,000, as long as they could afford to do it.

The only time I would judge is, as PP have said, if someone was continually talking about how they had no money and then threw a party that looked very expensive. Otherwise, it's none of my business how much people spend. Sounds like a fun party

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Guest654 For This Useful Post:

delirium  (16-06-2013),eMBe  (16-06-2013),mummtime101  (16-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Any party that has a jumping castle I'm there with bells on.
    If you want to show your child a good time and that good time means $700 to you then who am I to judge?
    If I knew you IRL I'd just be wrangling an invitation!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to happy wanderer For This Useful Post:

eMBe  (16-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I spent $360 for my 5yo birthday this yr! We had a jumping castle & face painter totalling $260 and spend $100 on food & made the castle cake myself! It was a great day & it's the 1st time we have spent so much!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I havent read the previous replies, so sorry if I'm repeating what others have said. It really depends on the family's financial circumstances. If they struggle to pay their mortgage/rent and spent $700 on a party then i would definitely judge. If they were well off enough to afford it then i would think it's fantastic! Why not spoil your kids on their special day, and all the other littlies will have a blast too!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to quietlyhopeful For This Useful Post:

eMBe  (16-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I've only ever thrown one party for DS so far and I think it came to around $250 from memory.

i wouldn't judge you for spending $700. In fact, how is anybody going to know the dollar figure unless you tell them?

As for it being ok for middle/high income earners to throw this sort of party but not low, I couldn't disagree more. As long as the bills are paid and the children are fed I say anybody is entitled to a kick @ss party. There are some pretty poor money managers who earn high incomes, there's nothing to say they can technically afford it simply because they earn a bit, their expenses may be higher than their incomes.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Benji For This Useful Post:

eMBe  (16-06-2013),mama and her little bearxxx  (16-06-2013),shelle65  (16-06-2013)

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joalisha View Post
    I spent $360 for my 5yo birthday this yr! We had a jumping castle & face painter totalling $260 and spend $100 on food & made the castle cake myself! It was a great day & it's the 1st time we have spent so much!
    How the HECK did you get both for so cheap?! Here everything is 300 each!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to London For This Useful Post:

eMBe  (16-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't judge what people spend, but do judge when over the top parents post party planning up dates weeks before the party on Facebook. Mothers who spend 20 hrs making a cake, and I think she does it to show off and get praise, personally I don't value spending that time making a cake I would rather buy mine and and spend the remaining 19 hrs with my child. So spend away just don't boast that's in bad taste

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Benji View Post
    As for it being ok for middle/high income earners to throw this sort of party but not low, I couldn't disagree more. As long as the bills are paid and the children are fed I say anybody is entitled to a kick @ss party. There are some pretty poor money managers who earn high incomes, there's nothing to say they can technically afford it simply because they earn a bit, their expenses may be higher than their incomes.
    MY want to be friends with you because we think alike! I was perplexed by the question asking me how much I earn. I thought the poster missed the point because it has nothing to do with my income (which is moderate) and everything to do with how I use/manage my money and priorities.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to eMBe For This Useful Post:

Benji  (16-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    No judgement here.

Ds's bestie has always had expensive parties and they are so much fun. His 3rd bday included a real digger and bulldozer for the kids to climb in, a real dump track came along and dumped sand in the driveway for the kids to play in with toy trucks, cars etc. Then they all went for a ride in a fire engine. On arriv they were given a hard hat and safety vest that they could take home with them. Ds still talks about it over a year later.

If you can afford it and want to do it, then why not?!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eMBe View Post
    I know and I do agree! But I honestly have no idea how to entertain 3 year-olds! DS would not concentrate long enough for party games and I am hesitant to do these types of games for that reason. I think as he gets older, these types of games can certainly suffice and I'll spend much less. I live the old school games I assure you!
    My comment was totally tongue in cheek, your party sounds great - after reading about some of the parties here I'm worried about future tight ar$e party judgement

It'll be - you can invite 2 friends, here's a spongecake and a box, make your own fun

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to babyla For This Useful Post:

beebs  (16-06-2013),eMBe  (16-06-2013),twotrunks  (17-06-2013)