+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Kids are only small for a short period of time, if you can do it then why not

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Autumncurl For This Useful Post:

Elijahs Mum  (16-06-2013),eMBe  (16-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I think it sounds great and I'm in the process of planning a bit of an extravagant party for my ds's 4 th bday as well and I don't care what anyone thinks. I grew up in a poor single parent household and never ever had a bday party when I was growing up nor did I ever go on holidays or have nice designer clothes. my dh and I are so lucky to be in a pretty good financial position and can afford it so why not... The kids and I are having a blast organising this party... I'm so excited!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to RipperRita For This Useful Post:

eMBe  (16-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nope I wouldn't judge. I would be excited for my child to go because it sounds like they will have an awesome time!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Ashram For This Useful Post:

eMBe  (16-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    No, not at all! If you are in the financial position to spend the extra money, then why not!!

The jumping castle & clown sound like lots of fun for the kids & I'm sure everyone will have an absolute blast!

As for people judging, who cares what other people think... As long as your child has a great time, that's all that matters!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to cassieh For This Useful Post:

eMBe  (16-06-2013)

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I wouldn't judge at all, if you're not struggling to pay your bills meh go for it- sounds like it will be fun

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by RipperRita View Post
    I think it sounds great and I'm in the process of planning a bit of an extravagant party for my ds's 4 th bday as well and I don't care what anyone thinks. I grew up in a poor single parent household and never ever had a bday party when I was growing up nor did I ever go on holidays or have nice designer clothes. my dh and I are so lucky to be in a pretty good financial position and can afford it so why not... The kids and I are having a blast organising this party... I'm so excited!
    These are my feelings too.

Love organising kids birthdays. Hope yours is awesome

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Blessedwith3boys For This Useful Post:

eMBe  (16-06-2013)

Madame Mayhem is offline Who you are is who you should be, don't change for anyone
    Thanks
    Reviews
    No, not at all, realistically anything between $500 and $1000 seems the going rate (in my circles anyway) when you think about the cost of things, it all adds up quickly.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    To *me* that would be very extravagant, but I don't really think it is anyone else's business other than the people paying the bills.

I must admit I am a bit surprised that $1k is considered average?

We love to make a fuss of our kids for their birthday, but we have never spent more than about $150, and we certainly have never had any extravagant entertainment either.

I'm a bit surprised that kids are getting bored whilst waiting for the faces to be painted. Are we totally losing the skill of making our own fun these days? Isn't face painting enough? I'm really not having a go, sorry if it seems that way.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to OurLittleBlessing For This Useful Post:

Annabella  (18-06-2013),HugsBunny  (18-06-2013),jaidynsmylilman  (16-06-2013),Mahjong  (16-06-2013),twotrunks  (17-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Definitely wouldn't judge, my DD would love that! We looked at hiring a jumping castle but I know DD would spend the whole party on it and no one would get to see her lol. We are having DDs 3rd birthday party in 2 weeks and although we are doing everything on the cheap I worry people will think I went a bit over the top with personalised drink bottle labels and personalised thank you wrappers on chocolates, but it was so cheap to do and makes everything a bit prettier

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Just*Ace For This Useful Post:

eMBe  (16-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I don't think I've ever bothered adding up what I think a party I've been to has cost?

Who cares?

18. The Following User Says Thank You to NancyBlackett For This Useful Post:

eMBe  (16-06-2013)