+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Leaking Nappies, Side & tummy sleep, arching

Hi All,

My 17 month old boy has started to sleep through the night and because his nappy fills it starts to leak onto his singlet and clothes.

Before bedtime he has 200mls of milk and drinks water during the day. He falls asleep around 7.30 pm and wakes up wet around 3 am. Then we change him and he's fully awake by this stage and it takes a while for him to fall asleep again.

We use Aldi nappies during the day and Huggies at night. We use 2 nappies at night Huggies with 2 to 3 holes pearced through them and Woolworths Select nappies over the Huggies which does capture sometimes but our main problem is the leaking over the tummy area or on other nights he leaks on one side (either left or right) whichever side he's sleeping on.

He arches his back then his bum is in the air during his sleep and that's how he leaks down his tummy. I make sure his nappy is on securely and it always is.

Does anyone have any solutions because this is so exhausting for all of us.

I Look forward to hearing any suggestions??

Regards,

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Wool nappy covers/soakers are supposed to be great (the type that look a bit like shorts). I haven't tried them myself, but keep meaning to. They absorb any leaks without feeling wet to the touch, so should keep his skin feeling dry. You can get similar things made of synthetic fleece, but wool can just be air-dried and reused for a while so you don't need many.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We had the same issue a few months ago, DD would wake up wet through. I ended up reducing her bedtime bottle to about 75ml. helped alot but she still does occassionally wake up in the morning with wet clothes. If your DS needs the 200ml perhaps try giving half at 6.30 and the rest at bedtime.. may give him a chance to have a wee before bed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ps... I use babyove nappies at night now and find them really good (we tend to have more leaks when she wheres her MCN's)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Go up a size in nappies for night time. I have the same issue with my daughter and this has solved the issue

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaz2184 View Post
    Go up a size in nappies for night time. I have the same issue with my daughter and this has solved the issue
    Hi Shaz2184,

Thanks for your reply.
    I did go up a size and it leaked down his leg. The elastic wasnt tight enough around his leg.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Try one that fits him, and the. A larger one over the top. Friends had the same problem and that's how they solved it.