+ Reply to Thread
Page 40 of 59 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    A big congratulations to all those with bfp's and my condolences to those who have had at arrive.

I am currently 8dpo and already obsessing over testing. No real sypmtoms just slightly sore boobs and tired. Trying to hold out til 14dpo which is sunday but not sure if I can hold out. I just don't want tue doubt. I hate you tww

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by DaenerysT View Post
    Terrified, blood test results from Friday, hcg only 14.....going to do another blood test today to see if it has increased.

Not really sure how many dpo I was on friday, possible 12? 14?

I'm am so scared, I know they say it's the doubling that is important, but 14 sounds terribly low.
    Maybe implantation was just later, when will you get the results from todays test?

Keeping fingers crossed for you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by DaenerysT View Post
    Terrified, blood test results from Friday, hcg only 14.....going to do another blood test today to see if it has increased.

Not really sure how many dpo I was on friday, possible 12? 14?

I'm am so scared, I know they say it's the doubling that is important, but 14 sounds terribly low.
    Fingers crossed you just implanted a bit later. I hope it works out ok for you x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Need some advice ladies. AF was due yesterday, I tested this morning and got a bfn. Pretty bummed out about it. If I am pregnant I should have a positive about now feeling a bit crampy too & I really thought I was UTD this month too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrsknowles View Post
    Need some advice ladies. AF was due yesterday, I tested this morning and got a bfn. Pretty bummed out about it. If I am pregnant I should have a positive about now feeling a bit crampy too & I really thought I was UTD this month too.
    Big hugs. Some woman don't get BFP until late, I hope you are one of them x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Omg bit of a vent!!! I just RSVP to my friends baby shower that her mum is throwing and her mum told me everyone is bringing a plate and that I'm bringing 40 lamb chops!!! After I clarified that she wasn't joking, I politely explained that I can't afford something like that. She replied saying no worries that she would get them and I can work out a payment plan on the day!!

I am so shocked!! I messaged my friend (who isn't aware of what her mum has said) telling her if I have to pay for it I can't come.

Is this just me or is this rude of her mum to expect?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ummmm that's totally rude! If you are asked to bring a plate that's one thing but you should decide what's on it! To be really honest, guests already bring gifts so I thing it's rude to even ask for a plate

8. The Following User Says Thank You to timetoshine For This Useful Post:

Mamasupial  (24-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by beccaboobang View Post
    Omg bit of a vent!!! I just RSVP to my friends baby shower that her mum is throwing and her mum told me everyone is bringing a plate and that I'm bringing 40 lamb chops!!! After I clarified that she wasn't joking, I politely explained that I can't afford something like that. She replied saying no worries that she would get them and I can work out a payment plan on the day!!

I am so shocked!! I messaged my friend (who isn't aware of what her mum has said) telling her if I have to pay for it I can't come.

Is this just me or is this rude of her mum to expect?
    Generally, it is an honour to be able to host a friend/daughter/sister's baby shower and that person generally pays for anything on the day as part of their 'gift'. I would assume that if the mum is hosting that she would be the one doing the major catering and responsible for organising a realistic budget and style of party for what she can afford. Usually to keep costs down it's only a morning/afternoon tea and not providing a full-on meal for everyone. I have been happy to bring a plate in the past just as you are, but I would stumble over having to bring 40 chops too.
    With a few home-baked treats and a couple of games, there's not much more that is needed. And all the ones I've been to there's always a huge amount of food left over - you know what girls are like when they are around other girls...

But whilst you're at it, can I give you next week's shopping list?
    Last edited by Little Ted; 24-06-2013 at 17:54.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Little Ted For This Useful Post:

Mamasupial  (24-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    WHAT???? That is ridiculous. Who the hell has lamb chops at a baby shower? Who asks someone to bring them? and then expect a payment plan? omg that is the most outrageous thing I have ever heard!!!!! I wouldn't even know how to respond to that.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to ocean10 For This Useful Post:

Mamasupial  (24-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Becca, that is absurd that she would tell you what to bring. And something so expensive too. Beside people usually have cakes, cupcakes, sandwiches etc at baby showers. Not lamb chops. Ridiculous. I hope your friend has a word to her mother about this.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Lou77 For This Useful Post:

Mamasupial  (24-06-2013)