+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 59 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Ahhh sorry Bebedayz! That sucks!

... I do feel your pain. Who wants acne at our age and stage of life?! I always mutter to myself in the mirror "the baby will be worth it, the baby will be worth it..." Hope it clears up by itself for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Bebedayz View Post
    Thanks Loved Already, of course it's Erythromycin...the only antibiotic of which I'm allergic to!!! Hahahaha looks like I'll have to put up with my horrible skin. Better fall pg quickly then!! Thanks for your suggestion

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Loved Already For This Useful Post:

Bebedayz  (18-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hey little ted?
    what tests should I ask for if I think I have pcos?
    Before and after ds, I had many people ask if I had it? Yet no one done anything.
    After my mc the ob (a total a-hole) done full bloods showing impaired glucose function, and put me on metformin. Within 6 weeks I was utd again!
    When I had feeding issues with ds (very very low supply) I had another ob, and lc ask if I had pcos.
    In short, im struggling with weight, always have.
    I have hypothyroidism, an on thyroxine.
    Issues with breast feeding and low supply. And tmi but my bbs are odd. They appear "deflated" almost the same as "tubular" breasts but not uneven or as bad.
    I've always had acne, mostly around o and af. Even now I get horrid ones.
    My cycles before ds were 35ish days, always varied by a few days, but af always came 28 days after she stopped. Since ds and coming off the pill I've had 4 cycles of 28 days, a 32 day cycle and 2 36 day cycles. I was initially getting clear o signs, pain, bloating and ewcm in the first few cycles, but the last few I've had very few signs, and nothing at all last cycle.

I've been curious, but really not sure what to ask for?

I'm already in the drs regularly as I like to keep check on my tsh and cholesterole (it was high and I was on 2 medications for it, but its now diet controlled and fine.) Latest results today

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowangel0205 View Post
    Hey little ted?
    what tests should I ask for if I think I have pcos?
    Before and after ds, I had many people ask if I had it? Yet no one done anything.
    After my mc the ob (a total a-hole) done full bloods showing impaired glucose function, and put me on metformin. Within 6 weeks I was utd again!
    When I had feeding issues with ds (very very low supply) I had another ob, and lc ask if I had pcos.
    In short, im struggling with weight, always have.
    I have hypothyroidism, an on thyroxine.
    Issues with breast feeding and low supply. And tmi but my bbs are odd. They appear "deflated" almost the same as "tubular" breasts but not uneven or as bad.
    I've always had acne, mostly around o and af. Even now I get horrid ones.
    My cycles before ds were 35ish days, always varied by a few days, but af always came 28 days after she stopped. Since ds and coming off the pill I've had 4 cycles of 28 days, a 32 day cycle and 2 36 day cycles. I was initially getting clear o signs, pain, bloating and ewcm in the first few cycles, but the last few I've had very few signs, and nothing at all last cycle.

I've been curious, but really not sure what to ask for?

I'm already in the drs regularly as I like to keep check on my tsh and cholesterole (it was high and I was on 2 medications for it, but its now diet controlled and fine.) Latest results today
    Hi Shadow,

Great to hear your latest results were good shadow! I'm NO expert by a long shot and still learning things everyday. From what I understand...

It may be hard to distinguish from the hypothyroidism as some symptoms are the same. PCOS is on a spectrum and there can be varying degrees just like autism. Some women can have pcos and fall pregnant with no problems, whilst others have to go the other extreme and go IVF. So some women can be diagnosed as PCO and not PCOS. Some have all/part symptoms bar the cystic ovaries and some have the lot. I have read that many women with PCOS, but not all, have difficulty with milk production but because it's not a constant I don't think it's often discussed. Wouldn't it have been nice to lose the baby weight that way! One of my friends lost it in 5 weeks and was eating so many calories!
    I remember when I went for an ovary scan years ago it showed like 2 less cysts than what was required (12 to 15?) for a firm diagnosis that month, but in subsequent scans it's shown up plenty for a diagnosis - so it can vary slightly from month to month too making it more difficult which is why monitoring over a few months is beneficial. Discuss it with your doctor (or get a second opinion if not happy) perhaps get a scan and monitor the other factors that have you concerned. Checking insulin levels and certain hormones may show something - there tends to be increased androgens/testosterone and less progesterone. It tends to be diagnosed on history (ie. cycles/acne, and blood tests/scans). Sorry to hear you weren't able to BF properly either - my chest got smaller with each child too, so I don't think that helped.

My fs said no to metformin as I'm well within my BMI, but it was the first thing my doctor suggested after getting my last lot of bloods to try and combat what was going on, but didn't want to due to TTC - but I've heard similar stories to yours whereby people got their BFPs not long afterwards. Hopefully my diet will help control the levels a little
    Where abouts is your acne? Quite often if it's PCOS it tends to be on the neck/jaw line and chest/back. And yes, mine tends to go up and down with different times of the month - definitely hormone based and I never get it on the rest of my face. How were your symptoms with your pregnancy? So far this month I've had minimal acne which is a huge contrast to the last 4 months - but time will tell around AF time.

Sorry - After 7 years I'm still building my understanding.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for that! With my pregnancy I had nothing! At all. Only lack of af until I felt movements.
    With bf, I never felt my milk come in, never got engorged, never leaked, and hardly felt let down....I had such low supply ds and I were readmitted to hospital when he was 6 days old...he had lost 17% of his birth weight.
    My skin was awesome.
    My acne is mostly chin/jawline.

I haven't said anything because I also thought that if I did, surely it would have shown something in my pregnancy scans?

Thanks
    Reviews
    hardly any ewcm to speak of now so its safe to say that im in the tww. hooray!! Im on cd 31 and approx 6dpo. Lah d dah de dah (twiddles thumbs) going soooo slow. Cant Wait to test on the z27th. I See i have some testing buddies good luck ladies.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MonkeySeeMonkeyDo For This Useful Post:

Bebedayz  (18-06-2013),Hopetown  (19-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    hardly any ewcm to speak of now so its safe to say that im in the tww. hooray!! Im on cd 31 and approx 6dpo. Lah d dah de dah (twiddles thumbs) going soooo slow. Cant Wait to test on the z27th. I See i have some testing buddies good luck ladies.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MonkeySeeMonkeyDo View Post
    gee i'd love to know what on earth was going on with my body ewcm had gone after saturday but back yestersay. Had the severe headaches,cramping nausea and dizzyness last week but no peak fertilitt yet. Will stop the vitex today it has hampered things not improved them :-(

2hrs left till hometime and can put my poor mind at rest to stop obsessing over things i can't change. showed my wedding photos tonight and been reminded its time for a baby lol. i'm trying ladies vert hard.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by wobblermummy View Post
    gee i'd love to know what on earth was going on with my body ewcm had gone after saturday but back yestersay. Had the severe headaches,cramping nausea and dizzyness last week but no peak fertilitt yet. Will stop the vitex today it has hampered things not improved them :-(

2hrs left till hometime and can put my poor mind at rest to stop obsessing over things i can't change. showed my wedding photos tonight and been reminded its
    time for a baby lol. i'm trying ladies vert hard.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    hey hun

just want to encourage you to keep with the vitex. Same thing kept happening with me (and other ladies) but it eventually did happen and my o signs were more obvious using vitex. It defiantly works, you just have to keep at it and not give up. I Almost did but im glad i changed my mind. Its Hard when the body keeps gearing up for o but not o'ing. Its frustrating and deflating. What cd are you on?? When do you normally ovulate? Vitex made me o later than normal but thats how it regulates things. Xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowangel0205 View Post
    Thanks for that! With my pregnancy I had nothing! At all. Only lack of af until I felt movements.
    With bf, I never felt my milk come in, never got engorged, never leaked, and hardly felt let down....I had such low supply ds and I were readmitted to hospital when he was 6 days old...he had lost 17% of his birth weight.
    My skin was awesome.
    My acne is mostly chin/jawline.

I haven't said anything because I also thought that if I did, surely it would have shown something in my pregnancy scans?
    Lol - I was told to keep pumping through the night, every night post emergency c-section. I was exhausted...and it didn't help! My successful pregnancies I had ms, but my unsuccessful ones I had nothing and didn't know one of the pregnancies was there until too late. Yep, our first DS we did a midnight run to a friends place when he was a week old to grab some formula, severely dehydrated and screaming. He was still dehydrated the next day when the nurse came to visit. PCOS is unlikely to come up in pregnancy scans, as pregnancy often helps to bring things back to normal. Only pre-pregnancy scans might show something.

Hope you get some answers soon shadow.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MonkeySeeMonkeyDo View Post
    'Some' testing buddies is an understatement - it's the largest end-of-month group in the last 6months - yeah! All the best

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Little Ted For This Useful Post:

Hopetown  (19-06-2013),JessyJ  (18-06-2013)