+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 59 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh, and I am 14/15 DPO with negative tests so far...
    AF due today, no sign yet, but the neg test doesn't give me much hope.
    Symptom free and my gut feeling is I am out this month.

Hmm we'll see....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    thanks for that Little Ted NO I wouldn't say my GP was overly cautious i asked to get bloods pre TTC and he said no there was no need he'd do them when I was PG. Probably at a loss as to why I'd want to check myself to purposely get Pg so many in this area are just teenagers who luckily get PG and then do it another 3-4 times cause they simply still don't know how not to I wanted to get into the family planning clinic in town but they wanted me to wait a month or so to see them, sadly if i was 25 or under could just drop in whenever to go see them they were great when i had my implants in and out though.

Maybe give it a few more months then see someone, the ob/gyn at work said to make an appointment with someone after 6 months of not falling pg. DH was too tired last night and managed to finally wake him for some afternoon delight. He must have been tired was in bed for 16 hrs.

Said he stabbed his hand on old nails at work Saturday and asked do you get tetanus from that I said yes when was your last booster in the last 5 yrs or 10 yrs he said no injections since a kid, I told him he needs it today and to go to Charlestown medical centre so can get straight in apparently watching the voice is more exciting lol. Hope he doesn't develop Tetanus now will have to send him out tomorrow.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wobblermummy View Post
    thanks for that Little Ted NO I wouldn't say my GP was overly cautious i asked to get bloods pre TTC and he said no there was no need he'd do them when I was PG. Probably at a loss as to why I'd want to check myself to purposely get Pg so many in this area are just teenagers who luckily get PG and then do it another 3-4 times cause they simply still don't know how not to I wanted to get into the family planning clinic in town but they wanted me to wait a month or so to see them, sadly if i was 25 or under could just drop in whenever to go see them they were great when i had my implants in and out though.

Maybe give it a few more months then see someone, the ob/gyn at work said to make an appointment with someone after 6 months of not falling pg. DH was too tired last night and managed to finally wake him for some afternoon delight. He must have been tired was in bed for 16 hrs.

Said he stabbed his hand on old nails at work Saturday and asked do you get tetanus from that I said yes when was your last booster in the last 5 yrs or 10 yrs he said no injections since a kid, I told him he needs it today and to go to Charlestown medical centre so can get straight in apparently watching the voice is more exciting lol. Hope he doesn't develop Tetanus now will have to send him out tomorrow.
    I went to the doctor on Friday and said most people get them done when they're pregnant but gave me a form and happily agreed - ill get them done Wednesday and is testing for the works I think

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Loved Already View Post
    Bebedayz - I had such terrible skin when TTC that I started to loose confidence. My GP put me on an oral antibiotic called Erythromycin. It is an old school antibiotic that doesn't harm the baby. She even put me in touch with a pregnancy service at the big hospital nearby that confirmed it was ok. It definately doesn't clear up the skin perfectly like the stronger oral medications, but I am satisfied with the help it has been giving me.
    Thanks Loved Already, of course it's Erythromycin...the only antibiotic of which I'm allergic to!!! Hahahaha looks like I'll have to put up with my horrible skin. Better fall pg quickly then!! Thanks for your suggestion

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Bebedayz For This Useful Post:

Loved Already  (17-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by wobblermummy View Post

Yes, I don't understand doctors sometimes either wobbler - I don't know how a blood test once pregnant will help someone in the process of becoming pregnant! It's like a doctor who once told me that getting pregnant would help fix my skin...but didn't bother to find out why my skin was like that, then he would have known that I couldn't fall pregnant either - once again, another doctor I saw whilst my GP was away!
    Are you building in CP?
    Hope DH behaved himself and went and got stabbed. Lol - it was at the Charlestown medical centre that I got that doctor who felt she had to explain the birds and the bees...hopefully she isn't still there and has lost her licence, otherwise your DH could have an interesting time if he gets her - You never know what he could come out with! It was like 2005 - so a fair chance she has gone.

Thanks
    Reviews
    He still hasn't gone the voice is on tonight lol, I'LL harass tomorrow he's ok now and it was Saturday morning don't know why he only remembered this arvo to tell me. Told him he needs it anyway in case he does it again, he already knows he has to have his whooping cough shot this year.

First time I was desperate and went to Charlestown cause my reflux was so bad it was Easter Saturday and I'd vomited non stop for 4 days and was vomiting blood something i have done a few times in the past. All the Sri Lankin dr could tell me was that I was overweight and needed to lose weight I laughed and said well clearly i will keep losing weight if you can't help me and he said no I was really annoyed we admit patients in hospital if they are above the age of 50 and have vomited once in the month i'd done it non stop for 4 days was dehydrated exhausted had been working and was due back the next night. I refused to ever see him again.

We are going to build in Fletcher went and looked today the first block in our street has now been cut and filled to begin work hopefully we will be at that stage in the next 4 months i hope.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Ted View Post
    Was just thinking wobbler - if you have a good gp, it's easy for them to give you a typical day 21 blood test to make sure you are ovulating. Have you done one yet? It just depends on the gp, but seeing as we are not...*ahem*...spring chickens anymore they should say okay to a simple blood test after 4 months just to make sure and not waste time.

It took me ages to get someone to listen to us years ago. There may be nothing wrong and just come down to the whole 30ish% success rate but it may ease your mind. I remember going into one gp (our regular was o/s at the time) after 6 months of TTC and said I felt my hormones were out...she laughed and then told me about the birds and the bees. I think I was so gobsmacked that someone can assume another human being to be so stupid that I can't remember if I paid or not...so hoping that it was bulk billed - if it happened now I would refuse to pay! When regular doctor came back, told her the same thing and she sent us for bloods straight away and found out my progesterone was around 3 and that I wasn't ovulating
    Hi little Ted,
    Sorry to be nosey, just hoping I could ask you a question. Before you had the blood test, and realised that you weren't ovulating, did it feel as though you were? Were you getting ewcm? Sorry to ask such a question, feel free not to answer!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats on the awesome result Little Ted!!

For ladies using OPK's, if you keep testing after you get your positive, how long do you continue to get positives for? I got mine last night and have tested twice today to see when my surge is over, and I'm still getting very strong positives, almost 24 hours later! Just wondering if this is normal? And when 'O' have likely to occur/ed?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by DaenerysT View Post
    Hi little Ted,
    Sorry to be nosey, just hoping I could ask you a question. Before you had the blood test, and realised that you weren't ovulating, did it feel as though you were? Were you getting ewcm? Sorry to ask such a question, feel free not to answer!
    Oh gosh...oh for a memory. I've always had the o/leg pains, but because I work out fairly heavily I think I just put it down to a good work out. Yes - I definitely used to get ewcm before going on the pill, can't remember after coming off it (was only on it for a year). But we still BD without pain so something must have been there. Sorry if TMI - when on clomiphene it tends to hamper cm, so we went for the maybe baby this last month as I only had ewcm for a few days just before o and needed to try to BD a little more often.

But my skin was awful, cycles 7 weeks long, and my weight was difficult to control - always having to cut foods out and flog myself stupid. Even now I still do around 5-6 workouts per week plus general activities with the family and on low-gi, no sugar, no dairy (and this hurts as I'm a certified chocoholic!).

I think it was through google that I was able to further research things after I had the bad encounter with the birds and bees doctor and saw that yes, it was probably hormone related and that many of my symptoms fitted the pcos diagnosis - just needed my doctor back! Though during pregnancy and a little while after the hormones balance out and I'm able to eat a little more normally, acne clears up, not able to produce milk well still (yes - went to extended lengths trying). Unfortunately after our last loss my hormones swung back big time, insulin resistance kicked in with a vengence and I chugged on 8kg within 6 weeks, acne went crazy, weird and long cycles, and scan confirmed ovaries were polycystic again.
    Did I answer the question in the end? I think the way my body was functioning told me a lot. One can still have ewcm and not ovulate. And if it is a late ovulation, sometimes the egg quality is poor and so not good.

Wobbler - we almost signed at Fletcher in 2010, but a close family member was in ICU and I needed to care for them all of a sudden and we put everything on hold. Didn't look into it again as we then fell pregnant with DD. Glad to hear the blocks are moving along. Hope it all goes smoothly for you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    well clear blue monitor still saying high period, still 2 lines on fore life opts don't think O has been late but may still BD tomorrow if DH up to it and then what will be will be. I thought taking Vitex was meant to bring O on earlier that's what I hoped maybe wont worry next month if it stays at cd21 we'll have to cope with that. Af is due next week anywhere from Wednesday/Thursday so wonder if should still test next week anyway or just wait for AF to come late if its going to.