+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Sleeping bags

So I bought one of those tog rated sleeping bags (I have no idea what tog means) I have a 2.5 rated bag which is supposed to be used in a room as low as 16 degrees but it seems so thin! I'm worried DD will freeze to death. Do these bags really keep them warm?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    You should also be able to look up what it is designed to be worn with - like a 2.5 tog might be worn with a long leg / long sleeve fleecy onesie in a cold room, or with a shortie in a warmer room.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    I have never had a problem with bub in gro-bags. The tricks are to make sure:
    - you have an authentic gro-bag with the stated tog
    - bub is dressed for the temp (with a 2.5 tog at 16 degrees bub should be in a long sleeve onsie , pyjama top And pyjama bottoms). The gro-bag website has good guidelines for dirfernt temps/togs.
    - try And keep the room temp stable. If you dress Bub for 16 degrees in a 2.5 tog and It drops to 14 or lower overnight you're screwed. Bub will wake. I recommend a thermostat controlled heater for bubs room.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

Taiyed  (15-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    The tricks are to make sure:
    - you have an authentic gro-bag with the stated tog
    Hey VicPark, do you know how to identify an Authentic gro bag? I bought a 2.5 tog one, brand new, on Gumtree for $20 but it doesn't seem very thick which makes me doubt its authenticity

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a skip hop bag. I've followed the clothing recommendations. Will they wake if they are too cold? I just don't want her to freeze and I not know about it, and she ends up getting sick or something. Do the grobags feel really thin too?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by JR03 View Post
    Hey VicPark, do you know how to identify an Authentic gro bag? I bought a 2.5 tog one, brand new, on Gumtree for $20 but it doesn't seem very thick which makes me doubt its authenticity

Does it have a gro-bag tag on the neck line? One of the tags should say 2.5 tog somewhere. If you think the bag is thin either:
    1) you're not used to sleeping bags
    OR
    2) someone sold you a 1.0 tog by mistake

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    The 2.5 tog Gro Bags are thinner than a lot of the other ones, but they do keep them warm.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well she must have been fine she slept from 8.30pm til 6am!!! I was in shock. Lets hope we get a repeat tonight!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Steph83 For This Useful Post:

mushiedaina  (15-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Steph83 View Post
    I have a skip hop bag. I've followed the clothing recommendations. Will they wake if they are too cold? I just don't want her to freeze and I not know about it, and she ends up getting sick or something. Do the grobags feel really thin too?
    I use these bags, and mine are definitely genuine. The 2.5 feels thin, at 16 my DS needs a singlet, cotton long arm/leg onesie and a set of flannelette pj's over the top. When it's below 16 I use a fleecy target onesie instead of the cotton one. I put a pair of baby socks on his hands if he is freezing cold when he wakes for an early morning feed.

Great suggestion about the heater Vicpark, I think I need one!!! Was 17 in our room last night but dropped below 14 before we woke up. Was 4 degrees overnight even though the forecast was 8. A heater would have made it more comfy for bub.... Who was dressed for a 16 room. I'm cautious about over dressing