Gorgeous torie!!!

Me 32 / DH 36
    2013 March FET PGD, Bondi Protocol + Intralipid * BFP due Nov 2013 *

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Romy Sydney For This Useful Post:

Torie  (25-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Beautiful Torie!!! How are our other new Mummas doing? We must have a few more due now or very soon?

Update - Saw OB this week. 37w5d. He said I am 'pretty much ready to go' so its a waiting game now. Bub has dropped alot and I have so much constant pressure now. I am uncomfortable! I cant imagine what going overdue might be like (come on bubba be nice to Mummy!). Will have an internal at next weeks appointment if not in labour.

Any tips for sleeping? I have tried so many positions, have the pillows for my legs/belly, have tried sleeping pretty much sitting up and still soooo uncomfortable. Any miracles ladies?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to dancingbutterfly For This Useful Post:

Torie  (25-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    dancing - nope - no tips for sleeping!!!
    from the other side - I am not getting much at all!
    just try and sleep during the day when you can - and good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Don't get me wrong I am enjoying every minute with bub and so glad DH is off work another 3 weeks he has been a great help. I guess I'm just upset with how the birth went and that I wasn't told what was happening they just went ahead and did it. I'm sure i will get over it. Went out for a bit today and yesterday with bub she loves the car seat and sleeps in it straight away. She dosnt sleep too bad at night I suppose, usually wakes 3 times which isn't too bad. Hope everyone is doing well and having a good weekend

Thanks
    Reviews
    39 weeks tomorrow, loads of BH but not much more. FX we get this show on the road soon

10. The Following User Says Thank You to KnittingNancy For This Useful Post:

dancingbutterfly  (27-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am the same Nancy!!!! 38w my belly drops but bub does pop up sometimes!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Support people in the hospital-

Getting closer and closer to the first week of December and I'm trying to gear up to have a conversation with my partner about who I want at the hospital.

Ideally my "dream" support would be my partner in the operating theatre with me, and when he goes off with the baby for its checks, my mum to come in or at least be close while they finish with my care. In order for my mum to be there since she doesn't drive in the inner city either my sister or dad would need to come with her (totally ok by me).

My trouble is while my other half's family is lovely, his mother is a massive stress head and would probably be all teary and stuff so I don't think I could handle that drama for the first few hours. I'm nervous enough as it is! They live a long way away (about a 4.5 hour drive in each direction) so a day time visit would be the most easier option for them, but again that is right at the time where I don't want an audience.

Typing this out it seems so selfish for my other half, its his first baby too and he might want/need a family support person for him. He hasn't mentioned it but something that might come up.

How did you all cope/

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Bamca,

You have to be comfortable in hospital. My hubby kicked out visitors as they arrived, including my best friend as I also did not want an audience there while I was in labor. I was in labor over 2 day times (Friday day/night and Saturday till 6:22 when she was born) and I think everyone was just impatient to come see us as we had my sister and hubby, 2 rugby mums wanting to come in as well as my mum turned up (which turned out to be a god sent) and my mate came after work Friday and after work Saturday. Too many people, not what I wanted so hubby shooed them off pretty quick and forbid visits from others. You have to do whats right for you. Good luck

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Torie For This Useful Post:

bamca  (29-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I havent experienced yet but advise given to me is have who you want there only. Dont even tell anyone else who you have asked to be there if you are not comfortable? I would def recommend just having DH with your Mum outside if thats your gut. I have decided to have just DP with me but my Mum is 'oncall back up'.

I am also concerned re too many visitors afterwards. I know that I am likely to get really overwhelmed. People have made comments about coming everyday and 'hanging out' with us... and that they will 'ignore' the visiting hours. Ergh no.... I am going to ask for no visitors day one depending on when bub is born then only immediate family day two. Couple of very close friends day three. I am going to ask people to contact DP if they want to finish and then he can be the one to veto them lol!

I have been told that its aokay to ask people to leave for a bit while you are trying to feed. Eg as DH to take them to the coffee room while a Middie comes into help if need be.
    Our hours are 3-8pm... dinner is served at 530??? Thats going to be awkward!