+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Constant contractions

Hi all I'm 28+1 I see my ob on Monday just wanted some advice from anyone with something similar.

So about a week ago I started getting very strong Braxton hicks at night lasting around 6-7 hours. They thought urine infection all come back clear.

Now over the last four days it has started as soon as I get up and do anything physical even yesterday all I did was get out of bed drive to the Dr drive home and make lunch the rest of the day I was sitting down and still ended up contracting.

The triggers are not drinking enough having a full bladder sitting to long any form of walking it lifting.

Also they are painful not excruciating more like a tired muscle.

The contractions do not come in typical waves they can last from 5minutes to a 2hour tightening before relief

It's around my belly button and into my middle back

I'm definitely not in labour I have had a fetal fibronectin test.

Thanks in advance

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bump

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I would give your hospital birthing unit a call and maybe go in for some monitoring

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by meesha87 View Post
    Hi all I'm 28+1 I see my ob on Monday just wanted some advice from anyone with something similar.

So about a week ago I started getting very strong Braxton hicks at night lasting around 6-7 hours. They thought urine infection all come back clear.

Now over the last four days it has started as soon as I get up and do anything physical even yesterday all I did was get out of bed drive to the Dr drive home and make lunch the rest of the day I was sitting down and still ended up contracting.

The triggers are not drinking enough having a full bladder sitting to long any form of walking it lifting.

Also they are painful not excruciating more like a tired muscle.

The contractions do not come in typical waves they can last from 5minutes to a 2hour tightening before relief

It's around my belly button and into my middle back

I'm definitely not in labour I have had a fetal fibronectin test.

Thanks in advance
    I'd be going back to the hospital. They should be able to give you some nifedipine or pain killers to stop the actual contractions.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Have you started taking raspberry leaf tablets or tea? Just wondering, as the same thing happened to me, and I didn't get the connection at first.