+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Adult sleep issues

I don't know if this is the section for baby sleep issues only.. But I have one and want to know if anyone else does and what I can do to help myself.

Ds has started sleeping through the night which is amazing!! He has been a terrible sleeper for his first 11months of life. Now I'm getting full nights of sleep but I wake up feeling so tired and yuck.
    When ds has his nap in the afternoon I lay down and I wake up feeling worse than ever. I should have just a had a coffee and stayed up. I don't nap every day either. Most days I stay up.

Why would I be waking up feeling so sluggish? Do I need to exercise? I haven't done much of that in the past few months but can't think of anything else and I hate feeling tired non stop.

I also take iron sometimes .. I was tested and my levels were fine.
    Anyone else like this?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know if I have a nap in the afternoon I wake up feeling horrible, I get a bad taste in my mouth and feel sick. I have no idea why. Not sure why in the morning you would feel bad though maybe your body is adjusting to finally get more sleep?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Pisang, I have also had the same problem and my DD is also 11months old. I have also had the problem of being awake during the night twiddling my thumbs while she sleeps super frustrating. When I do sleep (8hrs) I also wake exhausted. I have gone back to exercising and it has really helped. I really have to force myself sometimes but feel really good afterwards. I find going for a walk in the morning or later afternoon really helps. Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had the same thing happen when DD started sleeping through. Felt awful! It just takes a bit of time for your body to adjust to sleeping again I think!

I also realised that I hadn't been outside and exposed to any sunlight for quite a while during summer (stayed in aircon). Once I got outdoors and got a bit of vit D I started feeling better.

Yay for you getting sleep ☺