+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Questions about having a scheduled C Section?

Hey Ladies,

So I am currently 37 weeks pregnant and yesterday my Dr decided he didn't want me going past 38 weeks due to other health issues. I am hoping I go into labour before then so I can have a natural birth (he will not
    Induce due to previous c section).

Anyway, my first pregnancy I had an emergency c section, my babies were NOT healthy and it was all a bit crazy. So I'm wondering what happens in a normal, scheduled c section when bubs comes out totally healthy. So I am hoping some of you lovely ladies can answer some of my questions.

Will they hand dh our baby once born while I get stitched?

Once I have been stitched up do I then go to recovery, and for how long?

Will baby come with me to recovery? Or will DH get to keep her with him?

How long do you need to stay in hospital after a c section?

Is there any chance what so ever that they would let me have 2 people in there with me (mum and DH)?

I think that's it. I am expecting a call from them with the details of my section and that's when I plan to ask them all this but I'm too impatient.

Thanks all :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I haven't had no emergency c/a but 3 schedules but have heard it is completely different and more relaxed. Must of been scary for you

Will they hand dh our baby once born while I get stitched? Once my daughters were delivered they were taking over for a quick tidy up and wrapped then handed straight to me. About 2mins between birth and me holding my girls.

Once I have been stitched up do I then go to recovery, and for how long? With my first c/s I went to recovery and my DH took DD2 to be weighed. I was so frantic that they took me back to my room after 20mins to see her. 10.5month later when DD3 was born rulings changed and your baby and partner come with you to recovery this happened with DD4 too.

Will baby come with me to recovery? Or will DH get to keep her with him? Answered above

How long do you need to stay in hospital after a c section? After 1st and 3rd c/s I had my DD late Friday arvo and home by 9am Sunday (dd3 I had to stay longer as it was Xmas and I had high BP) it's really your choice how you feel.

Is there any chance what so ever that they would let me have 2 people in there with me (mum and DH)? I have heard some hospitals allow this but you would have to ask your OB or hospital.

I think that's it. I am expecting a call from them with the details of my section and that's when I plan to ask them all this but I'm too impatient.

Thanks all :-)[/QUOTE]

Wishing you all the best with the birth of you baby

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by cazzie07 View Post
    Hey Ladies,

So I am currently 37 weeks pregnant and yesterday my Dr decided he didn't want me going past 38 weeks due to other health issues. I am hoping I go into labour before then so I can have a natural birth (he will not
    Induce due to previous c section).

Anyway, my first pregnancy I had an emergency c section, my babies were NOT healthy and it was all a bit crazy. So I'm wondering what happens in a normal, scheduled c section when bubs comes out totally healthy. So I am hoping some of you lovely ladies can answer some of my questions.

Will they hand dh our baby once born while I get stitched?

Once I have been stitched up do I then go to recovery, and for how long?

Will baby come with me to recovery? Or will DH get to keep her with him?

How long do you need to stay in hospital after a c section?

Is there any chance what so ever that they would let me have 2 people in there with me (mum and DH)?

Thanks all :-)
    I have had three scheduled c-sections. In answer to your questions. We were handed the baby straight after they wrapped them up and checked their weight, health etc. probably only a couple of minutes. After I was stitched I got wheeled into recovery and DH wheeled bub in. We were there for probably an hour and then taken to our room. For us, in recovery bub was placed on me for skin to skin contact and attempts to feed. Bub stayed with us the whole time. Time spent in hospital comes up to you... I generally stayed in for around three days. I cannot answer about two people being in there, but I think it would come down to each single doctor/hospital. When I was about to go in on my third c-section, the DP of the previous women brought the baby out into a waiting room literally a couple of minutes after it was born to show family, so maybe something like that maybe an option for you, otherwise it probably only took two hours to go in and then be back in our room. Hope this helps. Best of luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I had a scheduled csection last year.

Only one person is allowed with you as there are multiple people in the room for your csection.

As soon as DD was out (about 10mins from the start) and checked over she was put straight onto me and I started breast feeding right away. DH held her and went in to the recovery room before me and when I went in after them he gave her to me again to hold and feed some more. I don't know exactly how long I was in recovery but it didn't feel like long. Maybe an hour?

I was in hospital for 4 days but that was because my csection was on a Friday so I couldn't be discharged on the weekend otherwise I could've gone home on the Sunday.

I had a really good experience with my csection. I wish you all the best!