+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes! I feel sluggish and ugly, very different to the first pregnancy when I had no other kids and could do things for my self a lot easier.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by analioness View Post
    Hi Kirsten,

Yes I managed to get back to my pre pregnancy weight too (not as fast though) with a pouch. Did u get flat or have the in-famous mummy pouch too? LOL. It took me about 7-8 months. Definitely not bikini daring but old clothes fit.

Well done with the steady weight gain! That doesn't sound like a lot, it wouldn't be by much that your off right?

Did you go over your delivery dates with your first too? How was your labour experience with the first two kids? I know what you mean about jitters. Ignorance is bliss isn't it!! Good Luck, look forward to hearing the good news!
    Hi Analioness

you got back to your Pre-pregnancy weight, that's what counts, good job, I'm sure you will do it again.

my tummy probably didn't go back to its original state (i never had a six pack or anything!), but I didnt have a pouch or any loose skin. I don't wear bikinis so it's not a huge deal, just want to fit back into all my old jeans and feel good in my clothes.

My first bub was born at 37 weeks and was about a 14 hr labour and I needed an episiotomy. My second bub was born at 40+3 and in 2 hrs and 20 mins from start to finish and she was 4.3 kg.

So, this time, my worries are: will I get to the hospital in time (particularly if my husband is at work), if it does commence during the day, I don't want my girls to see their mummy in pain and finally, how big is this bubba going to be?? I had a tough time pushing out #2 and a post partum haemorrhage and don't want to go through that again!

How were your deliveries and how do you think this one will go?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Kirsten80 For This Useful Post:

analioness  (19-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I didn't care. I gained 25kg with ds1 and 15kg with ds2 (after 8kg loss in the first two trimesters).

This time Ive lost over 5% of my body weight (5kg) and expect to lose more so I'll be happy to see the numbers go up a bit.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to IndigoJ For This Useful Post:

analioness  (19-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yes and no. I gained 7.5kg so went from 50kg - 57.5kg.

Initially gained nothing till week 18 then weeks 18-27 gained quickly then got GDM so had to eat really strictly and actually lost weight all over.

I haven't weighed myself but I'm way thinner than pre-pregnancy and the weight drastically fell off within 6 days. I have a flatter stomach now than before. Though the skin is a bit softer and not as taught.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueLips For This Useful Post:

analioness  (19-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirsten80 View Post

Hi Again!

My first bub was born at 37 weeks and was about a 14 hr labour and I needed an episiotomy. My second bub was born at 40+3 and in 2 hrs and 20 mins from start to finish and she was 4.3 kg.

So, this time, my worries are: will I get to the hospital in time (particularly if my husband is at work), if it does commence during the day, I don't want my girls to see their mummy in pain and finally, how big is this bubba going to be?? I had a tough time pushing out #2 and a post partum haemorrhage and don't want to go through that again!

How were your deliveries and how do you think this one will go?
    Again we have similarities in our birth too

My son was born 40+11 in 4 hours with an Episiotomy too he was 4.145kg. My daughter was born 17months later 40+9 days in 2 hours with a graze that still needed stitches. I experienced bad groin pain with her that lasted for about a month. The physio said it was just a weak core which is why I had a pouch. I developed an umbilical hernia also which left a lump above my navel. Not painful just looks ugly and will need surgery to fix it. I also has diastasis recti which was slowly bring reduced with reformer exercises which I do at home. That's my fear this time around, stretching my muscles too much beyond repair.

I too am concerned that I will be delivering at home! I've done some reading up on this too (just in case, you never know!). I mentioned that to my OB and he suggested to break my waters after he gives me a checkup at 40 weeks if things look ripe. I'm not too keen on that idea. One because of infection problems and two because the pain will come quite fast too (I think!)

What was your due date again? Are you in Victoria?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to analioness For This Useful Post:

Kirsten80  (21-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by analioness View Post
    Again we have similarities in our birth too

My son was born 40+11 in 4 hours with an Episiotomy too he was 4.145kg. My daughter was born 17months later 40+9 days in 2 hours with a graze that still needed stitches. I experienced bad groin pain with her that lasted for about a month. The physio said it was just a weak core which is why I had a pouch. I developed an umbilical hernia also which left a lump above my navel. Not painful just looks ugly and will need surgery to fix it. I also has diastasis recti which was slowly bring reduced with reformer exercises which I do at home. That's my fear this time around, stretching my muscles too much beyond repair.

I too am concerned that I will be delivering at home! I've done some reading up on this too (just in case, you never know!). I mentioned that to my OB and he suggested to break my waters after he gives me a checkup at 40 weeks if things look ripe. I'm not too keen on that idea. One because of infection problems and two because the pain will come quite fast too (I think!)

What was your due date again? Are you in Victoria?
    Sounds like you had a bit of an ordeal after having your daughter. And you have gone back for number 3, good on you, you obviously are one tough cookie!

So your second labour was very quick too, it makes it nerve wracking this time around doesn't it? I'm due this Tuesday 25th June, so I suppose I won't have too much longer to wait to see how things pan out. I'm sure everything will be ok but there are just so many different types of scenarios, and that it tends to play on your mind a bit.

I asked my Ob at my appointment this week if my husband should look up 'how to deliver a baby' videos on You Tube just in case, and he just laughed and said something like 'no, Mother Nature will take its course and you will be fine'!! It's ok for him to say, he won't be the one freaking out, lol.

How many weeks along are you now?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirsten80 View Post
    Sounds like you had a bit of an ordeal after having your daughter. And you have gone back for number 3, good on you, you obviously are one tough cookie!

So your second labour was very quick too, it makes it nerve wracking this time around doesn't it? I'm due this Tuesday 25th June, so I suppose I won't have too much longer to wait to see how things pan out. I'm sure everything will be ok but there are just so many different types of scenarios, and that it tends to play on your mind a bit.

I asked my Ob at my appointment this week if my husband should look up 'how to deliver a baby' videos on You Tube just in case, and he just laughed and said something like 'no, Mother Nature will take its course and you will be fine'!! It's ok for him to say, he won't be the one freaking out, lol.

How many weeks along are you now?
    Even though I had after birth pains I would still say I had a positive experience with my daughter.

Lol, of course OBs are going to be relaxed about it, they think delivering babies is like brushing your teeth. Hopefully it should be ok and you deliver safely wherever you may be. Good Luck and it would be great reading a birth story post from you!

I'm currently 27+3. So still have a while left.