+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Those suggested weight gain tables really bother me! I put on over 20kg first pregnancy but otherwise had an easy pregnancy and birth. I lost all the weight within 6 months thanks to BFing and trying to do some amount of activity most days. Supposedly how much you gain is partially genetic too so not much you can do about it. I get really hungry while pregnant and if I don't eat every 2 hours at least my stomach starts rumbling audibly. So far this pregnancy I've put on about 8 kg at 24.5 weeks. I'm really happy with that and I am aiming to put on 15-16kg max but I'm sure I'll lose it all so am trying not to worry if it ends up more.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Noty For This Useful Post:

analioness  (13-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I didn't gain any weight with my pregnancy (I'm obese so probably a good thing). After the birth I was 10kg lighter than my starting weight.

Instead I stacked a heap on while on maternity leave. All that weight and friends came back. I ended up 10kg heavier than my starting weight!!

So be thankful at least you have the baby to blame. I was just tired and eating for energy.

I'm 15 weeks pregnant now and lost 4kg. The baby doesn't like chocolate :/

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Wise Enough For This Useful Post:

analioness  (13-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I put on a lot of weight..first pg about 27 kg, second time about 16 kg...im less now than when i got pg with dd ...but my bmi is still " obese" ....sux balls....i gained weight from fertility treatment before i even got pg first time, like 12 kg....went from being slightly over weight to almost obese...according to bmi...did it bother me yes and no...i know i can get back down to my pre ivf weight...it will take time but im on my way....other ppl seemed to have more of a problem with it than me ie mother would admonish me for eating when dd was four months old and fully bf....'why are u eating that, u need to lose weight" etc etc....u should have lost more weight by now etc......i ate and ate in my first pg...second time i dont think i ate half as much or as bad but still gained a lot...bf didnt really make e lose weight either....

6. The Following User Says Thank You to jfblady72 For This Useful Post:

analioness  (13-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    No not really, I didn't put on much with my first and I've lost weight with this Bub so far. I'm normally plus sized so weight gain for a reason is actually nice

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Amiedoll For This Useful Post:

analioness  (16-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I didn't gain much but yes I was worried about it the whole time. I shouldn't have been though, 8 days after birth I was back at my pre preg weight. Everyone told ne how silly it was to worry, but its easy to say that when you're not the pregnant one!

I'd try not to worry, could be fluid retention, and with a bit of healthy eating, exercise and breastfeeding it should come off

Sent from my HTC One X using The Bub Hub mobile app

10. The Following User Says Thank You to mrstuilawa For This Useful Post:

analioness  (16-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We are in very similar situations! I'm 38 weeks pregnant with number 3 and my pre-pregnancy weight was 62 kg. I'd put on 20 kg and 19 kg with Bubs #1 & 2 and didn't want to do the same.

This time, at 28 weeks I'd put on 10 kg but I've found that the weight gain has slowed down in the last trimester (not sure why). I've now gained 16 kg at 38+4 weeks, so it's a bit better than my previous two pregnancies.

I'm a little worried about losing my baby weight though. Wiith the others, it was easy to walk every day with them in the pram etc. As they are 2 and 4 now, they aren't so portable and walking at their pace won't help me burn any calories lol

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Kirsten80 For This Useful Post:

analioness  (16-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    No it didn't bother me gaining weight. I was 49kgs pre pregnancy with ds1 and put on 8kgs whilst pregnant. He weighed close to 4kgs so I didn't have much to lose but was back to 49kgs within a few weeks after birth. When pregnant with ds2 I gained 9kgs and was back to 49kgs after 6 weeks. I've never been able to keep weight on so I wasn't worried about how much weight I gained during pregnancy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I put on about 27kg with ds1 and about 30kg with ds2. I'm normally about 50kg.

It sure did bother me!

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app

15. The Following User Says Thank You to dancingchipmunk For This Useful Post:

analioness  (16-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirsten80 View Post
    We are in very similar situations! I'm 38 weeks pregnant with number 3 and my pre-pregnancy weight was 62 kg. I'd put on 20 kg and 19 kg with Bubs #1 & 2 and didn't want to do the same.

This time, at 28 weeks I'd put on 10 kg but I've found that the weight gain has slowed down in the last trimester (not sure why). I've now gained 16 kg at 38+4 weeks, so it's a bit better than my previous two pregnancies.

I'm a little worried about losing my baby weight though. Wiith the others, it was easy to walk every day with them in the pram etc. As they are 2 and 4 now, they aren't so portable and walking at their pace won't help me burn any calories lol
    Hi Kirsten!

Thanks for your post! Yes we are very similar, almost identical. I hope my weight gain slows down in this last trimester too! My aim is to be around 15-16 kg term which is about normal I think!

I'm worried to about losing it this time around. But I know alot more about which foods to eat to get me there quicker. Protein & Vegies at every meal and 5-6 times a day! Easier said than done though right!!

How tall are you out of interest? I'm 167 so for my stature I look massive with 10 + kilos and feel it too!

Do you know what your expecting? We didn't learn the gender this time around as we did with my DS1 and DD2.

Best of luck with your labour!! Hope it goes as smoothly as possible.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to analioness For This Useful Post:

Kirsten80  (18-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    It absolutely bothered me! I put on exactly 12kgs by the time I had my c-section and 14 days later the 12kgs were gone! Guess I shouldn't have worried.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to FirstTimeMummy2012 For This Useful Post:

analioness  (16-06-2013)