+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Does your weight gain bother you?

Hi All,

I'm currently 26 weeks pregnant with my 3rd child. Since day one of this pregnancy I've worried about my weight gain everyday! I feel as though I'm gaining weight faster than everyone else that I know. My before pregnancy weight was 61 and I've gained 10kg to date! According to my BMI I should have gained only 6-8kg! My last pregnancies I gained 21kg and 18kg! I'm not looking forward to seeing those figures again

Even though I've managed to lose all the weight (minus the stretch marks!) I hate feeling like a whale. Does anyone have this same feeling?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm not pregnant anymore but it absolutely bothered me!
    Yep it's all worth it but it doesn't make you any less self conscious about it.
    I actually feel more self conscious after giving birth, being pregnant I kind of feel like I have an excuse to be fat IYKWIM?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsOhara For This Useful Post:

analioness  (13-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yep when I was preg I went from 56kg to 76kg! It took me about 7 months to drop most of it. But I think the last 5kg was the hardest. Now I have gained again.
    It's so hard when h see the scales go so high at each preg weigh in. I'm scared for the next bub cuz I did get huge.

Maybe have a plan for when bubba is born so u can look to that and try not go worry about it now. Have a waking plan or something to get rid of the weight. Just think ur bubba is loving his/her nice comfy incubator.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to pisang For This Useful Post:

analioness  (13-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    It bothered me in the first/second tri because it was purely due to food and inactivity. I had hellish morning (all day) sickness and if I didn't eat (carbs) every few hours I would spend all day throwing up. And it was so exhausting I couldn't even offset it with activity. So I just felt fat, sick and horrible.

Since that all settled I am fine with it though because I haven't gained anything since, am eating properly and feeling more like myself again.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Mathermy For This Useful Post:

analioness  (13-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I gained 20kg with my second. Didn't really bother me as I knew it would come off. I lost all the weight (and some) within 6 months.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Hollywood For This Useful Post:

analioness  (13-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    It is like an obsession for me. With my first I put on a whopping 30kg. I lost all bar 7kg within 12 months, before falling pregnant with baby 2, and put on 20kg pregnant that time. I managed to lose all the pregnancy weight with A LOT if hard work, and am now 31 weeks pregnant with baby 4. I have put on 13.8kg so far, which really depresses me, as I didn't want to put on more than 10kg in the whole pregnancy!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Mia78 For This Useful Post:

analioness  (13-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    thanks for the post! I also feel like everywhere I turn I read something saying I've gained more than I should. I'm 5kg up at 16wks. Last pregnancy I gained 12kg all up and was super happy with that but this time I just feel like I'm stacking it on. I think it's because just before getting pregnant I'd made a big effort to lose weight so now worry about it getting out of control. I'm trying to remind myself to go with the flow and just focus on being healthy ...

13. The Following User Says Thank You to mjk For This Useful Post:

analioness  (13-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsOhara View Post
    I'm not pregnant anymore but it absolutely bothered me!
    Yep it's all worth it but it doesn't make you any less self conscious about it.
    I actually feel more self conscious after giving birth, being pregnant I kind of feel like I have an excuse to be fat IYKWIM?
    Yes I know what you mean about it being ok while pregnant. But I don't want to be that reeasllyy big pregnant chick either )

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Blossompossum View Post
    I just had my 3rd bub and during that pregnancie I put on 28kg! No bp issues.

My wedding rings got so tight they were cutting off my circulation, I would up in hospital and the called the fire brigade to cut them off.

It's been 5 months now and I'm finally back down to 50kg.

Enjoy it while you can and worry about if later
    Wow, well done on the weight loss. What did you do to get it off so quick?

bunkx is offline Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yes at 33weeks I'm up 10.3 and all the weight gain charts & calculators say its excessive weight gain .

I think it really bothers me as last year I work so hard losing weight I went from obese to 4.5kg over weight I ideally would have liked to be "skinner" before I fell pregnant

Keep telling myself I have lost heaps before I can do it again all this gain is worth a little baby but still some days I'm still bothered by it !

17. The Following User Says Thank You to bunkx For This Useful Post:

analioness  (13-06-2013)